What's new

Hi guys, new vapour/vaper for ~8 weeks, problems.

winemart

After 50+ years of ciggies, first 6 weeks were fine, mainly ice menthol/black ice/blackjack, don't like any of the tobacco flavours, don't wanna taste blackcurrent etc.
Now, having big probs with dry nose/throat and breathing seems effected, tried non-flavour 85%vg 15%pg, same prob. Tried el cheapo top fill atomisers, mini protanks 2 & 3, same or maybe worse. Not allowed a gun so where do I go? Seems as though the menthol stuff has permeated my throat/lungs/nose. Blackjack/Heisenberg/Beetlejuice doesn't help.
I seem to be hitting the booze to compensate :D
Back to the ciggies isn't an option, I couldn't smell/taste them anyway.
Only respite is to stand by a smoker..............bisto.
EDIT: maybe I should add, I've had a heart bypass due to the damn ciggies.

Last edited:
First caveat - I'm not a doctor, you may just be coming down with something so worth speaking to one.

As for advice - the PG element of liquid can give you a dry mouth and nose but usually not in the ratios you've described! Arond the 6-10 week mark your taste buds will be resetting which will explain the flavour and taste issues you're having. This will pass in a few weeks.

Sounds silly but try an extra few pints of water a day - hitting the booze will actually dry everything out more and make the issue worse!

As @Catlow88 has said, hydration is a major issue for vapers - I don't think it's an exaggeration to say we need to double our liquid intake.

The other thing could be nicotine, which also dehydrates - you didn't say what strength you are using, but it could be time to drop it a bit. After 6 weeks your body is starting to recover and many changes will take place. One of these will be a reduced craving for nicotine.

Many experts reckon nicotine is way down the list of addictive substances in cigarettes, and as you stop craving the other things the nicotine which was substituting all of them will be too high.

Just drink loads more water till the dry throat clears up.

Do you exhale through your nose? You could have slight nasal inflammation due to the vapor, so try exhaling through your mouth.

Or it could just be a cold / hayfever, (I use a nasal spray for decongestion - otrivine) - so you could try this.

Let us know how you go!!!

Welcome!! I found I had to drink a lot more after good vape session or I would "Bung Up" Could just be me though...

What strength nicotine are you using? What tank? What coils? How many watts?

I would also try a much milder / non menthol flavour and see if it has the same effect (even if you don't like the taste)

Hi There and "Welcome Aboard!" :)

Back
Top Bottom