What's new

Ni200 - Annealed or Tempered?

@Arctic_Wolf

All good buddy....... I'm sure to be asking you for advice soon too [emoji106]

Well, remember the splitting the graph for the TFR curve for SS316L I mentioned in a previous post on my RX to every 25F between 400 - 600F? I've since changed that to every 20F.

Don't know what DNA's you have bud, but have you noticed that when the temp is throttled, there can be a fairly long pause (am thinking how to best phrase this in dumbass pmsl), before the power seems to kick back in again and you get another boost, then a long pause and so on. Splitting the graph seems to make the mod update/refresh the throttle down, throttle up more frequently. As I said, hard to describe in my native dumbass tongue lol ;).

I've since changed and split the graph for SS316L on all of my DNA's to every 20F between 400 - 600F. There aren't any splits in the stock curve between 400 - 600F, so if you want to later remove them to try it out it's easy to remember, or save the stock SS curve to load later, whatever works :). I've also done the same with Ni200, except I've only put a split every 50F between 400 - 600F.

Definitely improves it for me :D. Just an FYI :D.

I still haven't had a chance to build with the NiFe which is annoying as I have all 3 types sitting there waiting and I'm itching to try it out.

Would those NiFe wires work on a dna 40 device instead of Ni200?
Edit: I thought i was quoting something here. In fact I marked the part, and clicked quote? Then I have to copy and paste "So Crazy wire NiFe70 is 70% Ni (30% Fe) - this is the same Ni:Fe ratio as Stealthvape NiFe30 - the TCR and resistivity of Crazy Wire NiFe70 and Stealthvape NiFe30 are very similar. These wires aren't as accurate as NiFe48 or NiFe52 wires (but still much better than Ni200)."

Would those NiFe wires work on a dna 40 device instead of Ni200?
Edit: I thought i was quoting something here. In fact I marked the part, and clicked quote? Then I have to copy and paste "So Crazy wire NiFe70 is 70% Ni (30% Fe) - this is the same Ni:Fe ratio as Stealthvape NiFe30 - the TCR and resistivity of Crazy Wire NiFe70 and Stealthvape NiFe30 are very similar. These wires aren't as accurate as NiFe48 or NiFe52 wires (but still much better than Ni200)."

Yeah, Stealthvape NiFe30 works very well in Ni mode on DNA40. Crazy Wire Co NiFe70 should work similarly well.

Back
Top Bottom