What's new

Why will eliquid bottle sizes be limited to 10ml?

It is in hand. I've been dealing with a profusely vomiting child all last night and today so service hasn't been up to usual standard but first thing tomorrow, i'll be sorting the vendor status out here and everything has already checked out so its all good. Cheers for keeping an eye out though as we do miss things sometimes :)
Cheers, hope the kid gets better quickly! Though better out than in as they say ...

Hi All
Correct me if I am wrong, but reading up on the govt. web sites come 20th May 2017 retailers are being told they will have to remove all unsold non TPD compliant stock. Will this mean that tanks such as the Innokin Apex will no longer be available because of the juice capacity. If this is the case think there will be a rush on sales of tanks over the stupid 2ml maximum ??

Hi All
Correct me if I am wrong, but reading up on the govt. web sites come 20th May 2017 retailers are being told they will have to remove all unsold non TPD compliant stock. Will this mean that tanks such as the Innokin Apex will no longer be available because of the juice capacity. If this is the case think there will be a rush on sales of tanks over the stupid 2ml maximum ??

Nah. Just get them from Fasttech or other mail order overseas companies.

IIRC they didn't ban imports of tanks or parts - and I mean what are they going to do - ban me buying arbitrary bits of metal and glass over the internet?

(yes, yes I know that the FDA considers 18650's a "tobacco product" but we're not the americans, yet)

I am old enough to remember when you could nip into a paper shop and buy one cig at a time. The storekeeper kept a packet open under the counter for those who could not afford 10.
Now, I do wonder if soon you will be able to nip into a vapeshop and buy a few drops of juice for your dripper instead of a full 10ml bottle :hmm:
and ours used to keep the coupons he used to say to us if you find any coupons on the floor lads bring them to me

I don't want to spoil a good conspiracy theory (especially on this site) but isn't the 10ml rule really just the same as limiting the number of painkillers you can buy in the supermarket? The justification behind it is that it just makes it a tiny bit harder and slower for somebody to do harm to themselves, accidentally or otherwise?

I like to think I'm sensible with juice and I keep it on a high shelf etc. However, if my child ever did get hold of it and had to spend the time opening 3 bottles before being able to drink a lethal amount rather than just 1 bottle, that's not a bad thing!

I say that not trying to justify the legislation or the impact it will have on vendors, but this bit of the ruling is at least the one bit I can understand the justification for!

I don't want to spoil a good conspiracy theory (especially on this site) but isn't the 10ml rule really just the same as limiting the number of painkillers you can buy in the supermarket? The justification behind it is that it just makes it a tiny bit harder and slower for somebody to do harm to themselves, accidentally or otherwise?

I like to think I'm sensible with juice and I keep it on a high shelf etc. However, if my child ever did get hold of it and had to spend the time opening 3 bottles before being able to drink a lethal amount rather than just 1 bottle, that's not a bad thing!

I say that not trying to justify the legislation or the impact it will have on vendors, but this bit of the ruling is at least the one bit I can understand the justification for!
There would certainly be more small parts that a child would be more likely to actually die from... and it definitely makes it easier to misplace one of the hundreds of tiny bottles.

Imagine if bleach only came in 10ml bottles :rotflmao:

It's incase we're stupid and decide to drink it .....
Either that or so they can blame us for not recycling the bottles then they can blame vapers for something else

Back
Top Bottom