What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Why will eliquid bottle sizes be limited to 10ml?

I am old enough to remember when you could nip into a paper shop and buy one cig at a time. The storekeeper kept a packet open under the counter for those who could not afford 10.
Now, I do wonder if soon you will be able to nip into a vapeshop and buy a few drops of juice for your dripper instead of a full 10ml bottle :hmm:

I am old enough to remember when you could nip into a paper shop and buy one cig at a time. The storekeeper kept a packet open under the counter for those who could not afford 10.
Now, I do wonder if soon you will be able to nip into a vapeshop and buy a few drops of juice for your dripper instead of a full 10ml bottle :hmm:
I remember that to. They also had vending machines in the street outside the shops. Can you imagine that now ! They'd be broken into or ripped off the wall in a heartbeat.

They were very solid as I recall

craven_cigarette_vendor.jpg

Back in the 70s my parents owned a small news agents & every morning my dad would make up a bag of 2 smokes & 2 matches for those couldnt afford ten or 20 :)

I remember tabs sold singly too, reason I couldn't afford a pack is coz I was too young to even legally buy em...just 'experimenting' blah blah...yeh right, 30 odd years later and I'm in this love/hate relationship with ciggies that I can't get out of no matter what quitting method I try because I'm so damn addicted to nicotine and the habit that formed along with using it.
Oh what's that you say? Vaping? E-cigarettes? What's that all about then? 3 weeks after visiting my local vapestore I'm a non-smoker who ain't screaming bloody murder because of nicotine withdrawl, I don't get out of breath so quickly, my teeth feel so freaking clean and my fingers aren't stained yellow...the list goes on. All these regulations are achieving is to make things difficult for, and discourage people who want to do something that may well save their lives in the long run - its a crying shame and an absolute disgrace :(

The European Parliament has given only directives (recommendations) for the Governments of the European countries months ago.
Every parliament in Europe had own rights, its concerning what kind of laws they want to make.
Therefore, the ecig laws are different in every European countries. Here in Hungary the ecig laws are very hard. So the Hungarian vendors and vapor shop owners are moved to Slovakia where the ecig laws are more liberal.

What @roaddog66 said. Back in Poland, tobacco farms are a big thing and with the new government running themselves straight into an economic crisis and potential sanctions, they'd be pretty open to various persuasion from Big Tobacco and Pharma. So, they're going to outlaw ALL online sales, and rumours that it will include cross-border sales meaning any imports private or commercial will be stopped. It's impossible to find anything else on it yet too, one can assume everything will be at least as restricted as here, and knowing them it's not like anything will be consulted with the vape industry bar a vetted "expert" or two and equally vetted "health professionals". Sad as smoking levels are quite a bit higher and the industry has only started gathering some speed there very recently, and the VAST majority of shops are in the big cities, but smoking is higher in the non-metropolitan areas.

In India, you can be jailed for vaping now.

The regulations are so convenient to just about everyone, it's impressive how well the world can work together on important issues like saving the children :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Utter nonsensical issues to be honest.

The new regulations by the TPD are just extraordinarily chaining. The vaping industry was booming, enough to positively effect the economy. Vapers found a hobby, people found jobs, creativity was on the rise with all the new flavours, designs and mod ideas and people were quitting smoking! Which is what the government's 'aim' was by increasing tax on cigarettes (HOW IRONIC). These new regulations will kill all innovation unless they are taken in a laissez faire manner.

E-liquids do need to be regulated to an extent; if a maniacal individual enters the vaping industry and starts poisoning e-liquid we could have a case of mass genocide. However, the limitations on design, bottle sizes and the cost of notifications are just damn right ridiculous. You can get a 1L bottle of bleach for your cupboard but you can no longer buy a 30ml bottle of e-lqiuid which only contains 4 ingredients (excluding the 10% concentrate of flavour).

What is this world we vape in?

Utter nonsensical issues to be honest.

The new regulations by the TPD are just extraordinarily chaining. The vaping industry was booming, enough to positively effect the economy. Vapers found a hobby, people found jobs, creativity was on the rise with all the new flavours, designs and mod ideas and people were quitting smoking! Which is what the government's 'aim' was by increasing tax on cigarettes (HOW IRONIC). These new regulations will kill all innovation unless they are taken in a laissez faire manner.

E-liquids do need to be regulated to an extent; if a maniacal individual enters the vaping industry and starts poisoning e-liquid we could have a case of mass genocide. However, the limitations on design, bottle sizes and the cost of notifications are just damn right ridiculous. You can get a 1L bottle of bleach for your cupboard but you can no longer buy a 30ml bottle of e-lqiuid which only contains 4 ingredients (excluding the 10% concentrate of flavour).

What is this world we vape in?

Hopefully someone from POTV has communicated with you, as a vendor you need to apply for vendor status on here.
@junglist @Purplefowler

Hopefully someone from POTV has communicated with you, as a vendor you need to apply for vendor status on here.
@junglist @Purplefowler
It is in hand. I've been dealing with a profusely vomiting child all last night and today so service hasn't been up to usual standard but first thing tomorrow, i'll be sorting the vendor status out here and everything has already checked out so its all good. Cheers for keeping an eye out though as we do miss things sometimes :)

Back
Top Bottom