Innokin
What's new

Anyone with an Aromamizer ?

Elux
Hmm, I don't like pita stuff. I've got a short temper and little patience for kit that doesn't work properly ;)
Is it better than the merlin in your opinion ?
Take a look at this VapingWithVic vid, he gives plenty of info on the Merlin...

Vape Green
This makes an especially interesting read for me because I am ashamed to say........... I have yet to do anything more brave than look at my Supreme sitting in its box:S
I had been contemplating "having a go" but somehow, never quite built up the courage. I am always very aware that my Old School approach, i.e MTL or Restricted MTL won't necessarily suit today's clever designs. I just might get a bit more courageous later today.:51:

i haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if this has been mentioned before. Have you tried building vertical coils on the aromomizer? on the V1 just make sure the airholes are hitting the coils directly. Flavour for days, they are some of my favourite tanks

Royal Flush Vape
i haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if this has been mentioned before. Have you tried building vertical coils on the aromomizer? on the V1 just make sure the airholes are hitting the coils directly. Flavour for days, they are some of my favourite tanks
I've got two vertical coils in series now. Separate twin coils , parallel ! , won't work for me as it drops the ohms to much.

I think the newer Aromamizer is more conducive to a horizontal build. The first ones had holes in the side while the newer ones big horizontal slots. If you follow the video reviews you see them make the transition from vertical to horizontal builds. Done in that fashion you can easily see the coil lined up with the air follow slots and just behind them. So you got air being pulled in directly on the coils.

AcmeFog
The funny thing is, to me anyway, is the setup I've got chucks loads of clouds (which I'm not bothered about ) but very lacking in flavour. If I run it at 18 watts and chain vape I don't get any dry hits at all but if I bang it up to 25 then a couple of hits too close together then yuk, dry hit.
View attachment 102498
2 coils (series ! ) ,5 wraps each with bridge wire at top, 1.3 ohm, 26g kanthal, 3mm ID, 18 watts.
No offence Mick but your building skills need a bit of work ... the RDTA v1 and v2 are flavour machines but your reluctance to put any power through it, sticking to the way you prefer to vape, isn't going to make that atty shine. Horses for courses. You would do a lot better with the single coil plug, reducing the airflow and chamber size down to suit your prefered style. Otherwise, the RDTA is just not the tank for you.
You're getting a lot of condensation because it will wick for days and you're not putting enough heat into the coils or airflow over them, so it's just boiling off some of the juice on sodden wicks. I'll bet if you fire it outside the tank it'll spit drops of juice all over the place instead of making loads of vapour.
I'd like to put a flavour build on your deck for you but honestly, you're going to need to put 40-60W through it and max out the airflow. Not your style really.
If you want reduced airflow then you have to reduce the coil size to match. Passing a trickle of air over 3.0mm ID coils just won't work. I also think you need to break through this glass ceiling objection that you have about build resistances below 1ohm. Dropping down to 0.5-0.8 ohm is hardly entering the gates of hell.
This makes an especially interesting read for me because I am ashamed to say........... I have yet to do anything more brave than look at my Supreme sitting in its box:S
I had been contemplating "having a go" but somehow, never quite built up the courage. I am always very aware that my Old School approach, i.e MTL or Restricted MTL won't necessarily suit today's clever designs. I just might get a bit more courageous later today.:51:
Rob, you and the Supreme are not a match made in heaven. The Supreme is like the RDTA on steroids ... it really sings with big assed coils and huge airflow. Move it on would be my advice.

@scrumpox I was considering entering in The Raffle? Sort of Paying It Forward? What do you think?

Vape Superstore
@scrumpox I was considering entering in The Raffle? Sort of Paying It Forward? What do you think?
That's the kinda guy you are Rob. :) When's the raffle open for ticket sales? I've not put any old gear in as I've already moved on just about everything I'm not using, but I want to buy a few tickets to make my contribution.

Back
Top Bottom