What's new

Putting mech mod in an Ultrasonic Cleaner?

lewisab

Postman
So I just bought a second hand Scndrl and Comp Lyfe clone.

Was wondering if it was safe to stick the whole lot through an ultrasonic cleaner (minus the magnets and the copper screw)?

The threads on the mod have a lot of crap in them making it stiff to screw things on and such, combined with the fact I'm a bit of a clean freak.

Cheers peeps

Get an old toothbrush and get scrubbing!

The US will work, but nowt beats some elbow grease.
The magnets as long as they are about 3mm thick should be fine, but you may not want to tempt fate as I found out with the last fast tech mech...

Soak the threads with Servisol Super 10 electrical cleaner and lubricant and scrub with a toothbrush. Then polish everything with Autosol, pay attention to the contacts and threads again. Check all the insulators and you're good to go.

Soak the threads with Servisol Super 10 electrical cleaner and lubricant and scrub with a toothbrush. Then polish everything with Autosol, pay attention to the contacts and threads again. Check all the insulators and you're good to go.

Will give this a go, cheers!

You'll find the insulator on the SCNDRL can drop out quite easily so keep an eye on it. It's fine to just pop it back in and use.
They're also a bugger for battery rattle and arcing which is easily sorted with a magnet on your battery negative.

@lewisab if you have any of the old silver dip solution for cleaning jewellery will bring the copper pin up like brand new in seconds. Saves pissing about trying to autosol the ends without getting black mush on the threads

Back
Top Bottom