What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Duck & Cover

tasteslikefire

Postman
Hey folks,

I've been toying with pens so I decided to move up to an iStick TC60W with the Melo 2 tank. I've got no idea what I'm doing yet in terms of wicking and coil builds etc so if you want to help me avoid building an orange flavoured hand grenade it'd be appreciated.

Cheers

Best just stick with the stock coils till you get acquainted in building your own and ohms law etc.... The stock coils for the melo 2 are the same as the iJust 2 I think but dont quote me

Hi and welcome to the Planet.

istick60 is a nice little mod but if your wanting it for sub ohm at higher wattage forget it. dont get me wrong as it runs fine at 50watts but only lasts a max of 1 hour 10 minutes thanks to its single samsung 25R.
now i only use my nautilus on it at max 14watts and it lasts a lot longer.

Best just stick with the stock coils till you get acquainted in building your own and ohms law etc.

I've not actually bought it yet and that's why. It's got a ton of features and good reviews etc but there are basically no stock coils. You have to buy the whole atomizer and I'd like to avoid doing that if I can as it doesn't make sense. I've looked around a ton (even on here) and there are no straightforward solutions, at least not for a newb. Other pre-builds may be compatible but they're not labelled as such. I basically want something I can just use but also maintain/mod easily if I choose and I'm not sure this is that box.

I've not actually bought it yet and that's why. It's got a ton of features and good reviews etc but there are basically no stock coils. You have to buy the whole atomizer and I'd like to avoid doing that if I can as it doesn't make sense. I've looked around a ton (even on here) and there are no straightforward solutions, at least not for a newb. Other pre-builds may be compatible but they're not labelled as such. I basically want something I can just use but also maintain/mod easily if I choose and I'm not sure this is that box.
melo 2 tank has stock coils

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Authentic-...8&qid=1472592317&sr=8-10&keywords=melo+2+tank

The iStick TC60w will take a whole host of tanks, it uses the standard 510 connection which almost all tanks use (there are a few exceptions but not worth talking about here). I'd say city461's advice to stick with stock coils for a while is probably the best thing to do, there are so many tanks available that you can find something for more or less any situation. I would suggest avoiding the bigger subohm tanks for a while as they often need a lot of power and frankly they guzzle juice. The aspire nautilus is a good cloice, as is something from the Kanger Toptank range...

I use a tc60w as my daily out and about mod. It does the day as long as you're not wanting to push the wattage too high. Melo 2 does take stock coils and it's an ok tank which also takes triton coils as I have the triton clapton coil in mine at mo but seeing as the sweet spot on that coil is around 45w you won't get much usage off the tc60w. Stock coils that come with it are 2 tc ones and one standard 0.5 (I think).
Standard coil is ok. Not used the tc ones yet so can't comment.
Form factor in tc60w is great and fits in jeans pocket with tank no problem

Oh. I use the stock 0.5 coil at around 25-30w so you should get most of the day at that rate, possibly a full day

melo 2 tank has stock coils

Ok, it looks like I need to be clearer here as I have dropped the ball. What I was expecting to see when I went looking for these coils was a nice bit of wire and some cotton, pre-built, that I could buy and drop in. What I found was what looked like the full atomizer at £12 a shot which was kinda scary. Fact is that's for x5 so that's a lot more reasonable and puts this mod back on the table. Having said that I took a look at the Nautilus tank and I like that. Now I see why people have multiple setups.

Melo 2 does take stock coils and it's an ok tank which also takes triton coils as I have the triton clapton coil in mine at mo [/QUOTE]

Oh. I use the stock 0.5 coil at around 25-30w so you should get most of the day at that rate, possibly a full day

Thanks a lot folks. Great info. Time to get this thing ordered.

Back
Top Bottom