What's new

Anyone with an Aromamizer ?

Wrap both coils on the same former/mandrel ... wrap the first clockwise, tug the wire over a little to create the bridge then wrap the second coil counter-clockwise. Take it off the former to bend the coils at the bridge and shape the legs. Partially trim the legs to fit it onto the deck and then tweak the build once tightened down.
Excellent, thank you again.

Excellent, thank you again.
No worries. :)
To make wicking easier, ensure the bottom wrap is not lower than the lower post holes, then you can feed the wick through top to bottom. Pull the wick through, trim off at the edge of the base and fluff up the tail. Then pull the wick back up until the fluffy tail rests on the lip of the deck and push it into position so the fibres are just resting over the juice holes. Trim the top tail level with the posts and pull down the lower tail of the wick until the top tail is level with the top wrap of the coil. This will nestle the lower wick tail perfectly ... no dry hits and no leaking.

Then you can start playing with the airflow direction. ;)

No worries. :)
To make wicking easier, ensure the bottom wrap is not lower than the lower post holes, then you can feed the wick through top to bottom. Pull the wick through, trim off at the edge of the base and fluff up the tail. Then pull the wick back up until the fluffy tail rests on the lip of the deck and push it into position so the fibres are just resting over the juice holes. Trim the top tail level with the posts and pull down the lower tail of the wick until the top tail is level with the top wrap of the coil. This will nestle the lower wick tail perfectly ... no dry hits and no leaking.

Then you can start playing with the airflow direction. ;)

Exactly, as you wrote Sir! Excellent tutorial - Here starts the "How to make your own wicks" lesson. :57:

OK, so I tried another build like the first picture @scrumpox posted only out of 26 gauge kanthal. Came out at about 1.3 ohms.
Using the band so only 2 air holes are open and running across the coil. BUT, still have a muted flavour. Molemilk in my kafun v5 - gorgeous. Molemilk in the Aromamiser - crap.
Tried taking the baffled drip tip off but still no difference.
Any ideas ?
I'm only running it at 20 watts as I chain vape and get dry hits if I go much higher. This thing may be put in the cupboard as I can run my kafun on a single 1.3 coil at 12 watts and get loads of flavour and no dry hits !

I think you might have the wrong tank for the job. I agree Kayfun 5 is great. But my Aromamizers are equally good at a different task. I never did get on with vertical coils in them (I do in my Origens) but dual 8 wrap, 2.5mm, 26g, very slightly spaced, around 25-27.5watt - pretty hard to beat.

I've never had a problem wicking them, but we've had threads on here where people just couldn't get the right side of it. I use Muji, loosely Scottish rolled (Soft, southern, Kentish roll?) - the fact that you mentioned dry hits makes me wonder if you're under or over wicking. I have never had a dry hit off an Aromamizer - probably the only tank I can say that about...

I think you might have the wrong tank for the job. I agree Kayfun 5 is great. But my Aromamizers are equally good at a different task. I never did get on with vertical coils in them (I do in my Origens) but dual 8 wrap, 2.5mm, 26g, very slightly spaced, around 25-27.5watt - pretty hard to beat.

I've never had a problem wicking them, but we've had threads on here where people just couldn't get the right side of it. I use Muji, loosely Scottish rolled (Soft, southern, Kentish roll?) - the fact that you mentioned dry hits makes me wonder if you're under or over wicking. I have never had a dry hit off an Aromamizer - probably the only tank I can say that about...
Yeah , I dived right in when I noticed it on offer because I was after another rta but as I don't really get on with high watts and sub ohm I think it may have been shinyitus striking. [emoji13]

I'll keep trying but using steam engine I can't seem to get a satisfactory result for a plus ohm build running no more than 18 watts ( never mind a single coil option )so I may have to stick with my Kafun and Serpent Mini for now.
Nah matter , these things happen. [emoji57]

Cant get on with the full size aromamizer V1, flavour is very muted. The problem as I see it is the airflow arrangement is a bit odd and the chimney width is too large. I use mine as a dripper, stuck a drip tip in the lower chimney / base, much better flavour.

The funny thing is, to me anyway, is the setup I've got chucks loads of clouds (which I'm not bothered about ) but very lacking in flavour. If I run it at 18 watts and chain vape I don't get any dry hits at all but if I bang it up to 25 then a couple of hits too close together then yuk, dry hit.
20160830_172212.jpg

2 coils (series ! ) ,5 wraps each with bridge wire at top, 1.3 ohm, 26g kanthal, 3mm ID, 18 watts.

Back
Top Bottom