It doesn't look too bad and rolls quite evenly

20160830_132553.jpg

here it is next to the spare

20160830_132613.jpg

thanks for your help.

cheers

Gaz

Is the post bent?
Unscrew it completely using slot underneath and roll it on a flat surface to check

A few have been bent on arrival (see FT discussions)

They've acknowledged they've been damaging the chimney oring.
The 'spare' is the black 12mm oring..... It's too strong and doesnt work so i refitted the damaged clear one which means afc is a bit loose but serviceable.
I've ordered a pack of 50 replacements from ft (12mm x 1mm). If it works, I'll send you a few but it'll take 3 weeks for them to arrive anyway

Thanks for the offer.

Would the damaged O ring be the reason that the mouthpiece air control doesn'r click into place?

It's my belief that the whole chimney section is off centre see first photo or is that what they are like?

cheers

Gaz

Yep,

Also, doesnt try to click it into place off the base.
On the base, the AFC only goes in to the point where the ring of dots are just visible above the top of the chimney. i.e. You can see all dots to align them.
Off the base though, it will go further, so the dots on the AFC tube disappear down inside the chimney (AKA way too far).
I learnt this the hard way

Ahhhh..... ok thanks @allen

Think I get it...

Here is it with my attempt of putting the shagged O ring back in place. It then clicks into place of sorts.

20160830_134933.jpg

Do I get in touch with FT and tell them it's a crock of shite?

cheers

Gaz

Ahhhh..... ok thanks @allen

Think I get it...

Here is it with my attempt of putting the shagged O ring back in place. It then clicks into place of sorts.

View attachment 102486

Do I get in touch with FT and tell them it's a crock of shite?

cheers

Gaz
A few thoughts.
Yes, the oring is a fucker to get in. I used tweezers and, like you that last loops suddenly clicks in as the oring spreads out.
If you fancy a challenge - try the black one! It took half an hour (seriously!) and then turned out to be a bit too tough and chewed up immediately. Aaaargh

Try rolling the centre screw along on the edge of the table with the wider bit hanging over an edge. This might give a better idea if it's bent.

Could the issue possibly be the insulator this pin goes into?
If a) the hole inside isn't straight or b) the outer threads are shagged this might cause the centre pin to be at an angle

Doh... lol

Yes one of the pins is bent....

I've opened up a ticket with FT and we'll see what comes of it.

I will take you up on your kind offer of the O rings though m8 when they arrive.

I'll keep you posted on what FT say.

thanks again for your time and help.

cheers

Gaz

Never a problem.
Its why we're all here... Sometimes we get help, sometimes we ask for it

I'll let you know if they fit when they arrive and get a few to you if they do

I'm feeling a bit smug.
No issues with my nextasis apart from the o-ring really

Plus I got the pretty box
Then again, i did pay $30 including delivery for mine

I think i was just lucky

This is why I waited for the sxk nextiny to be reviewed first but I will probably be joining the agony soon as I'm the sxk rose v3 guinea pig this time.

Back
Top Bottom