What's new

How To Make a clapton coil for a mini RBA (such as kanger toptank mini)

gbalkam

Postman
Sorry, I had talked through make this but i think my mic is busted or something isn't set right.. Anyway... the video shows how to..

you need.. 14 inches of 28ga kanthal wire. Straightened on a drill, then fold, and pinch the end with the bend, crimping it together. Clip the other end to get the wires even and trim off any un-straightened bits.. (like what was in the drill or your pliers)
Bend the folded end into an L shape. Place the L in your drill chuck WITH the end of a spool of 30ga kanthal. This will be your wrap.

Slowly start the drill until the 30ga is secure, pinch hard with your fingers, while powering the drill. Let the coil push your fingers along slowly while you guild it. This may take a little practice. Continue wrapping until you reach the end of the wire, and wrap the wire back on itself a little bit.. Remove from drill and trim. You can use a tank mod, rolling pin, soup can, or whatever to roll out the new clapton to make it flat. Not really necessary, but makes it look pretty.

Wrap the new clapton on a 2.25 (small screwdriver shaft *came with your rda) core. 7 wraps. You will undo 1 wrap from 1 end, and 1/2 wrap from the other. Use the end with the best wrap for the 1/2. (usually the end closest to the tip of the screwdriver shaft.

install in your mini rba as normal. Coil should be a bit over 0.5 ohm. Single coil only.

You will notice the video seems to stop and jump.. that is me editing out the garbage bits. Like this coil totally went fubar and I didn't have enough 30ga to redo it.. so i used the length I had just finished making for the coil. Which is why i like to use just enough wire to make each coil.. so it i mess it up.. im only out a couple feet of wire and not a half a spool. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom