What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Been using the same coil since April, am I pushing my luck?

That's brilliant mate! I usually change coil every Friday unless I'm really attached to the flavour it's producing.

I make sure those builds get logged in the vape book so I can build them again when they eventually give up :D

If it is still giving you the Vape you enjoy then leave it in.

The only reason I change my coil is that I use a lot of juices that gunk up the coil and deck, so when the deck gets ugly looking, I change it as soon as I can be bothered.

I change mine usually every week if i have built it myself, especially if it's being gunked by the juice i am using at the time. Pre-built for the likes of the Crown or TFV8 and ill try and squeeze a fortnight out of a coil, sometimes even running it through the ultrasonic and re-using them once dried out.

Well I re wick every couple of days....dry burn to get rid of the gunk give the coil a brush with one of those TePe dental brushes then a blast with a compressed air spray duster so the coil is clean for re use.....once a month clean the whole atty and replace the coil.
It's the old saying...'If it ain't broke don't fix it'.....

As the title says, bought a Kayfun v3 mini beginning of April, put a coil on it and have had it in there ever since (obviously re-wicked every week or two). It works a treat but should I be changing it (bearing in mind I am very lazy!).

I had a fused clapton in my rda for 6 months, I only changed it to give it a rest ! lol. It was cleaned (ultrasonic) & rewicked once a week

New, & 6mths old.

@Austinckb Erm............ I have a coil in one of the Calixes which has been there since May.:30: A rewick and thorough clean up every week and it's still going strong and producing the flavour I expect from any of my Calix, so I wouldn't worry too much. One day it will die and I'll then re coil, but for now........... Probably go bang now! :D

I used to be changing coils near constantly, building new ones every day and putting them in.

Now though, the novelty of first learning to build has worn off, and I change much less frequently.
I would change coil, as it may taste fine, but I can almost guarantee with a new coil and wick you will notice an improvement in flavour- there has likely been a very gradual drop off in flavour, and where it has happened slowly has been almost unnoticeable.

Of course though, you will not come to any harm using the same coil :)

Back
Top Bottom