What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Greedy Bast@#ds!

put that down too inexperience where is your telly/phone/microwave/etc made yes asia makes not so good products but most regarded good named products are made in ???

I've mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, yes he's taking advantage of peoples' lack of knowledge.

On the other, it only takes a few minutes online to see what things should be selling for. It's a difficult one. He's taking the piss but then if people are stupid enough...
Well yes, in principle, absolutely.
But what about the poor mug who's just choked on a fag he didn't want and walks past the stall, sees the vapegear and thinks "I'll give it a go".

Ok, it's a bit of a "what if" scenario, but it's that guy that's going to get robbed.

the two biggest e-juice companies in the world are asian they must be doing something right also lg are south korean some things will get manufactured in europe but a lot of the component parts are from asia

the two biggest e-juice companies in the world are asian they must be doing something right also lg are south korean some things will get manufactured in europe but a lot of the component parts are from asia
Spot on. A high percentage of the world's mass manufacturer is based in China. The UK and Europe has mote than its fair share of rogue traders.

This isn't just limited to market stalls in all fairness. I was in my B&M the other day getting some coils and juice for the wife. Whilst waiting I overheard a guy asking one of the staff about the Fuchai 213, he asked if its a quality mod basically as he was looking to purchase a new one. Without even talking a breath the guy answers "yes mate, top draw"! Now as I understand it the Fuchai 213 is the budget version of a well known Sigelei lemon. It's only capable of 150w not 213w and its TC is shot to bits so an out and out lie. One could argue they're making a living but it's off the back of those who don't know better. I felt a bit uncomfortable after like I should have told the bloke the truth but then again as you say who's at fault. I research most electronic purchases before buying and this place has been a gold mine but not everyone is as suspicious as me lol.

Last edited:
This isn't just limited to market stalls in all fairness. I was in my B&M the other day getting some coils and juice for the wife. Whilst waiting I overheard a guy asking one of the staff about the Fuchai 213, he asked if its a quality mod basically as he was looking to purchase a new one. Without even talking a breath the guy answers "yes mate, top draw"! Now as I understand it the Fuchai 213 is the budget version of a well known Sigelei lemon. It's only capable of 150w not 213w and its TC is shot to bits so an out and out lie. One could argue they're making a living but it's off the back of those who don't know better. I felt a bit uncomfortable after like I should have told the bloke the truth but then again as you say who's at fault. I research most electronic purchases before buying and this place has been a gold mine but not everyone is as suspicious as me lol.
I've had a similar experience. There are about 50 Vapes shops between me and my vape shop of choice which is also not the cheapest however the advice is always impartial. He even advised me to get a coil master from the Internet as they were out of stock. I by all my schizzle from them having had bad advice in other shops where the vendors are clearly salespeople who lack genuine product / market knowledge.

As always 'Buyer Beware' there are some good vape shops who give sound advice, but some tell you the first thing that comes in to their head that makes them the most profit! A bit like Pc World:58:

I visited a vape shop up north whilst I was on holiday and forgot to take some extra liquid with me.
I popped in and asked to see what liquids they had and was given a booklet and she asked what I was using.
I pulled out my RX200S with Limitless plus and put it on the desk.
I wandered around and had a look at their stuff. 521 Tab, £70. iStick 100W, £60. Sig 213, £120. 60ml Pancake Man, £35.
The girl in the shop then told me that the two shouldn't be used together as they're made by different companies and it could cause issues, and that I could cause serious damage to myself and my set up.
I responded with "Ah, right, well I'm not going to spend any money in here because that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard", and left.

It genuinely amazes me that anyone seems to be able to work in these shops, and that these shops can just set their prices at whatever they like!

I also visited a market up there and found a vape stall.
£10 per V8 coil for the TFV8.
£10 per packet of Cotton Bacon.
£100 for the Smok Knight Kit.
£50 for the Limitless Plus.

Safe to say I left there as quickly as I'd walked in!

Back
Top Bottom