What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Need to steep?

warpa

If using a single pre mixed concentrate is steeping still required?
Strawberry and banana milkshake flavours I have been making.

Yes and no. Most if not all flavours will potentially benefit from a steep. That being said, maybe you prefer that particular mix unsteeped. Only you can answer that, just try it and see. My gut feeling, with it being a milkshake (milky, creamy flavours). It would benefit from a week or two as creamy, milky flavours usually develop with a good steep.

Also keep in mind that the vast majority of store bout liquids have been sitting in warehouses, transported and sat in the shop before being bought and on top of that some manufacturers pre steep the juice beforehand.
So the actual steeping time increases greatly.
So when we mix up or own DIY juices, whether from individual concentrates or one shot concentrates, we are usually impatient and quite often compair with the shop bought juices and are disappointed it doesn't match the depth of flavour they offer.
Steeping is highly recommended for any DIY juice to let the flavours meld properly and bring about that depth if flavour.
My own advice would be 2 weeks and above to truelly get the best out of it.

Interesting as the strawberry milkshake I have been using seems to need no steep, two of us are vaping it and did think it benefitted from a steep, at the time a few weeks ago I had 10ml I had saved.
Did a new batch yesterday and couldn't notice a taste difference, there was a huge colour difference though.
Surely a colour change doesn't mean a flavour change.

Colour change is usually down to oxidisation of the nicotine, although some concentrates also change colour slightly due to the same.
When you have more than one flavour they do need time to meld properly, more so with creams.
The strawberry milkshake I suspect is a one shot?
If so then the separate flavours have had time to meld together.

Back
Top Bottom