What's new

Greedy Bast@#ds!

JohnnyVape

Achiever
So, was having a stroll through Cambridge on Sat and came across a market trader. You know, the ones that sell all the cheap mobile phone crap.

I noticed that they also sold ejuice and some mods etc. Then I saw the prices this guy was charging, and shit, nearly fell over!
Cool fire 4 kit - £70
Kbox kit - £75
And worse of all the Vaporesso Target kit @ £90!

Talk about how to jump on a bandwagon just to make money!
Didn't bother to talk to him to see if he even had any vaping knowledge!

sadly we are seeing more of this all the time now.
and the unsuspecting joe public will fall for it hook line and sinker.

Don't forget those traders are also probably buying straight from China, paying no vat, no tax Etc. Etc. so their margins (even forgetting the crazy prices) will be way higher than your average B&M or uk online site.

Don't forget those traders are also probably buying straight from China, paying no vat, no tax Etc. Etc. so their margins (even forgetting the crazy prices) will be way higher than your average B&M or uk online site.
Very true. It's not hard to buy a few bits from GB or FT, and at their prices, they would make a killing if people do buy them!

it's been happening on ebay for a while, ok not so big a mark up but around 300% ie pay £10 list for £40 and it's as said to prey on those who don't know about our friendly Chinese vendors. In truth £70 for a cf4 kit is double the cost of most Uk vendors on average.
fasttech doesn't even stock it now the plus is About £45 on fasttech though

I've mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, yes he's taking advantage of peoples' lack of knowledge.

On the other, it only takes a few minutes online to see what things should be selling for. It's a difficult one. He's taking the piss but then if people are stupid enough...

Sad thing is a lot of folk who buy from markets generally think they'll be getting a bargain! It'll be these type of traders that give the TPD the slip too, as the TPD will be using their limited resources hammering the decent vendors like the guys on here.

I've mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, yes he's taking advantage of peoples' lack of knowledge.

On the other, it only takes a few minutes online to see what things should be selling for. It's a difficult one. He's taking the piss but then if people are stupid enough...

Fools and their money are easily parted mate. Ya can't cure stupid ! :D

The only thing I buy from the Chinese is takeaway.

Back
Top Bottom