What's new

Kayfun Mini v3 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kayfun mini is back in the good books @Crewella, have been using it on & off the last 24 hours & it hasn't missed a beat. It really is a nice draw with solid, clear flavour, I'm sorry I doubted you Kayfun mini *gives it a kiss

Really do think snipping my wick to not cover the juice holes was the problem & the poor thing was running thirsty & starved of a juice supply. The geek notes have been adjusted accordingly :read:

Aha!! That's brilliant @johnnyace , and it's good to know exactly what might have caused an issue so we know some of the 'don'ts'. :rules1:

Thanks for reporting back. :)

I bought a mini v3 after all the recommendations and have similar issues. I've tried about 4 different size coils (I always use 316SS). Every toot was very harsh. This is with 70VG juice @4mg which I lung hit on my Serpent Mini without issue. After about two draws I'd end up coughing up a lung.

I've had to give up on it for now as I had a uvulopalatopharyngoplasty plus tonsillectomy on Wednesday. I can't MTL at the minute as my mouth is too painful to suck, but interestingly I can still lung hit as the draw doesn't really use the mouth. I also can't risk coughing; swallowing water is painful enough :(

I'll give it another go when I'm better. My aim is to use 316 coils in TC mode as I exclusively use TC when lung hitting as I like the consistency of the vape and I'm a bugger for not noticing when the juice runs out. I use Cotton Bacon V2 in the Serpent Mini and love it.

I'd be interested to know what build you guys use if you TC with stainless coils.

I bought a mini v3 after all the recommendations and have similar issues. I've tried about 4 different size coils (I always use 316SS). Every toot was very harsh. This is with 70VG juice @4mg which I lung hit on my Serpent Mini without issue. After about two draws I'd end up coughing up a lung.

I've had to give up on it for now as I had a uvulopalatopharyngoplasty plus tonsillectomy on Wednesday. I can't MTL at the minute as my mouth is too painful to suck, but interestingly I can still lung hit as the draw doesn't really use the mouth. I also can't risk coughing; swallowing water is painful enough :(

I'll give it another go when I'm better. My aim is to use 316 coils in TC mode as I exclusively use TC when lung hitting as I like the consistency of the vape and I'm a bugger for not noticing when the juice runs out. I use Cotton Bacon V2 in the Serpent Mini and love it.

I'd be interested to know what build you guys use if you TC with stainless coils.

I've just had to google that big word! Although I know nothing of the mini v3 (i'm waiting on one!) or TC etc for that matter, I hope you get your health back soon!

I've only just recently started using RTAs again and I began by using Muji cotton. But I couldn't get on with the crust - do I take both crusts off or leave just one and roll it with the crust inside, or outside. I gave up in the end and dug out my three year old bag of Sainsbury's organic cotton balls and not looked back. I use this in both my Mini V3s and V4s and they all vape splendidly.

I've only just recently started using RTAs again and I began by using Muji cotton. But I couldn't get on with the crust - do I take both crusts off or leave just one and roll it with the crust inside, or outside. I gave up in the end and dug out my three year old bag of Sainsbury's organic cotton balls and not looked back. I use this in both my Mini V3s and V4s and they all vape splendidly.
I take both outer layers off. You use more cotton but it wicks a lot better.

Just read this whole thread, as I've just had to address similar issues using some 70/30 @Dripworx juice (which is remarkably good in KF3)

All good advice, but I think I've pinned down a few variables.

1. Muji has changed. I have old and new now to compare. Once I worked things out I now prefer the new Muji. The trick is to borrow some tricks from the 'Scottish Roll' method. I split the pad in half. Stretch it so it's roughly twice as long as it was. Then use a rule of 1cm per mm if coil diameter (adjust to taste). Then loosely roll this with the flattened side on the inside of the roll.

2. One thing I learnt from the Gem is that you need to leave room for the cotton to swell. The pictures of @bix_vapes' builds look quite stuffed in the channels. Once this swells it's likely to choke. I've found that with a 2.5mm coil it's just enough cotton to leave some room. With a 3mm coil you probably need to trim the tails slightly.

3. I found the whole 1 1/2 turns, 2 turns a bit crude. I also don't have a logo. So I've started counting juice control holes. I treat them like gears. If I getting a dryish hit, I turn it up one at a time. Gurgling, down one at a time. If you keep count then you have a repeatable setting. I found 70/30 is about 9/10 holes. 60/40 is happy at 7.

Hope that helps someone... My sweet spot us 1.5ohm, 2.5mm slightly spaced. But only because I'm using them on a couple of mods that won't go below 3.6v

Just read this whole thread, as I've just had to address similar issues using some 70/30 @Dripworx juice (which is remarkably good in KF3)

All good advice, but I think I've pinned down a few variables.

1. Muji has changed. I have old and new now to compare. Once I worked things out I now prefer the new Muji. The trick is to borrow some tricks from the 'Scottish Roll' method. I split the pad in half. Stretch it so it's roughly twice as long as it was. Then use a rule of 1cm per mm if coil diameter (adjust to taste). Then loosely roll this with the flattened side on the inside of the roll.

2. One thing I learnt from the Gem is that you need to leave room for the cotton to swell. The pictures of @bix_vapes' builds look quite stuffed in the channels. Once this swells it's likely to choke. I've found that with a 2.5mm coil it's just enough cotton to leave some room. With a 3mm coil you probably need to trim the tails slightly.

3. I found the whole 1 1/2 turns, 2 turns a bit crude. I also don't have a logo. So I've started counting juice control holes. I treat them like gears. If I getting a dryish hit, I turn it up one at a time. Gurgling, down one at a time. If you keep count then you have a repeatable setting. I found 70/30 is about 9/10 holes. 60/40 is happy at 7.

Hope that helps someone... My sweet spot us 1.5ohm, 2.5mm slightly spaced. But only because I'm using them on a couple of mods that won't go below 3.6v
Beat me to it

Scottish roll muji

I've got about a 1.6 ohm 2.5mm ID 11 wraps ish on the evolvr ( series so at full whack its over 8V

60/40 juice and it keeps up but had to use Scottish roll

Soooooooo guys and girls!

I've been playing for the last couple of hours, currently got a 0.32 coil wrapped around a 30mm at 1.35 ohms. The big difference is my wicking, I think my problem was condensing (or rolling however you want to put it) the wick together too tight if that makes sense!

The dry hits have now vanished thankfully and the draw is a lot smoother, the flavour is not quite there just yet but I'm happy to have finally banished those awful hits I was getting before.

Progress finally!!!!!

I think a bit more playing with the amount of wick and length I should hopefully get there!

Just felt the need to post that progress has been made :2thumbsup:

Thanks for all the tips and advice that you have all give (and your patience) :)

Couldn't have come at a better time as the last 2 coils I had for my kabuki have been duffs! The joys of vaping eh?!?! :P

Soooooooo guys and girls!

I've been playing for the last couple of hours, currently got a 0.32 coil wrapped around a 30mm at 1.35 ohms. The big difference is my wicking, I think my problem was condensing (or rolling however you want to put it) the wick together too tight if that makes sense!

The dry hits have now vanished thankfully and the draw is a lot smoother, the flavour is not quite there just yet but I'm happy to have finally banished those awful hits I was getting before.

Progress finally!!!!!

I think a bit more playing with the amount of wick and length I should hopefully get there!

Just felt the need to post that progress has been made :2thumbsup:

Thanks for all the tips and advice that you have all give (and your patience) :)

Couldn't have come at a better time as the last 2 coils I had for my kabuki have been duffs! The joys of vaping eh?!?! :P
Yay - that's great, I'm so pleased things have improved. :)

@domejunky I had to laugh when reading your post - I realise I do exactly the same things that you do, from the rolling a half strip (I also rough up the 'crust' a bit with my nail before rolling) to the 7 holes for my 50/50 juice. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom