What's new

Anyone with an Aromamizer ?

@mick brown I know this is going to sound sort of a daft question but what nic level are you vaping at the moment?
Just seems like you are coming from an MTL setup.

I tried 12mg in the Aromamizers when I started using them and it cut my throat to bits...now on 6mg.

@mick brown I know this is going to sound sort of a daft question but what nic level are you vaping at the moment?
Just seems like you are coming from an MTL setup.

I tried 12mg in the Aromamizers when I started using them and it cut my throat to bits...now on 6mg.
I'm mainly on 3mg now , occasionally 6mg.
Just to add. I don't mtl but dtl although I take a longish slow draw on higher ohms so some may call it a restricted lung hit [emoji16]

The lack of flavour production comes from the coil being placed centrally, too far from the air holes. A much better build would be a pair of 3.0mm ID verticals, makes wicking a lot easier too. If you want to keep your resistance above 1ohm, then build two verticals from a single length of wire .... the infinity build. I've used this in various configurations and various wires including 26/32 clapton. It's also a great way to make TC builds. I have built an arched shape using SS and NiFe30 which works really well with the airflow set diagonally.

If you want to MTL on the RDTA I'd suggest that you get the single coil plug for that deck. It's really hard to get a satisfying MTL on a tank designed for a restricted lung hit without cutting down the airflow AND the chamber size, the plug achieves both of these things.

Meanwhile, here are some single wire builds ...

single clapton.jpg
single stainless 2.jpg
Single wire clapton.jpg

Regarding the top tails of the wick in vertical builds, the main issues with not trimming to the post height are that the wick can obstruct the airflow to the chimney and can wick condensate straight off the chamber walls, leading to darkening of the wicks.
RDTA vert wick tail.jpg

Here's the single coil plug ... the lower part is silicone, to block the juice holes, the upper part is ceramic ... you can use the silicone juice plug alone if you want to maintain the airflow.
DSCN2248.JPG

Thanks I'll give that a go.
I went for vertical coil because I read a few reviews that said they made it leak free.
By the way. I get plenty of vapour how I've got it at the moment but flavour is way more important to me. I've lined the air holes up with the coil so there is plenty of air flow going over it.
I will take your advice on board though and tinker with a few setups.
Put the coils as close to the airholes as you can. The flavor will grove, the vapor will be less. Vice versa.

What's the deal with those plugs, @scrumpox? They didn't come with the V2 (mine anyway), did they just release them as a standalone accessory? How well do they perform?

@scrumpox
Thanks a bunch. Those pictures are worth a thousand words and just what I need. Top man.
I do dtl so the air plug wont be necessary. The first picture looks great so I'll try that one first. Do you wrap one long coil and then bend over to separate or wrap one coil and take off pin and then wrap the second coil ?

What's the deal with those plugs, @scrumpox? They didn't come with the V2 (mine anyway), did they just release them as a standalone accessory? How well do they perform?
They were released for the RDTA v1/v2, the Supreme and the Supreme Lite ... in the latter they come in the box now, otherwise available separately. There will be new Supremes out very shortly with a postless deck too. :)

I'm not a MTL vaper, but I've used the single coil plugs on all three and they work very well ... but especially well in the RDTA for MTL and in the Supreme where there's a drilled version that delivers air to the back of a single coil build. My personal preference is to dual coil but these are good options for different styles of vaping.

@scrumpox
Thanks a bunch. Those pictures are worth a thousand words and just what I need. Top man.
I do dtl so the air plug wont be necessary. The first picture looks great so I'll try that one first. Do you wrap one long coil and then bend over to separate or wrap one coil and take off pin and then wrap the second coil ?
Wrap both coils on the same former/mandrel ... wrap the first clockwise, tug the wire over a little to create the bridge then wrap the second coil counter-clockwise. Take it off the former to bend the coils at the bridge and shape the legs. Partially trim the legs to fit it onto the deck and then tweak the build once tightened down.

Back
Top Bottom