What's new

Anyone with an Aromamizer ?

I've just recoiled mine with dual verticals (so many people can't be wrong), and it's unquestionably an improvement over the quad coils I had in there before.

I guess you get better vapour production from the exposed top of a fluffy wick than coming through a coil wrapped round cotton, and with the position of the air holes air is passing directly across the tops of the wicks.

I've been converted very quickly.

I personally think you'd get better flavour moving the coil(s) nearer to the outside, and restrict the airflow Mick, which would mean dual coiling it. I haven't used mine for a while now, but I always clipped the top cotton right back to the coil.

Might blow the dust off mine now :)

@tootingyoda @Ment Have I started a resurgence for the Aromamizer ! :D
If I was to put dual coils in could I still keep it above 1 ohm ?
For instance, if I had 10 wraps for a single coil, how does it work for a dual coil setup ?
Is it two coils with 5 wraps each or does it work another way ?

For instance, if I had 10 wraps for a single coil, how does it work for a dual coil setup ?
I think the ohms are halved if you add two coils e.g. 2x 1ohm = 0.5. 2x 0.5 = 0.25 etc. You don't have to run a sub ohm set up at crazy watts, it depends on the type, size, and make up of the wire. Someone more qualified than me might be of better help with the specifics mate.

The coil you have there is certainly one way of going about it, but this is really a dual coil atty if you want it to shine. With dual verticals, 3.5mm ID works well, even 4mm, but 5-6 wraps is where it sings with vertical coils. Dual horizontal builds allow for more wraps but it can only really handle 2.5mm ID, 3 at a pinch. The trouble with those set ups is that you might struggle a little to get over 1 ohm. Not impossible I'm sure but you'll need a thinner wire I imagine. Neither vertical nor horizontal coils are better for preventing leaking with it. They both work fine in that regard, if you wick it properly, obv.
These are just my opinions on it. They are generally the only tanks I vape on but that doesn't make me an expert. Stick you some 3.5mm ID 5 wrap dual Clapton SS verticals in it, crank the wattage up to 50 and you'll have fallen into its beautiful trap.

Last edited:
OK, thank you @Mr Numpty and @tootingyoda
So to get this straight in my head then. If, for instance I wanted a 1 ohm final build with 2 coils then I would need to wrap two coils with a 2 ohm rating for each of them ! Is that right ?

OK, thank you @Mr Numpty and @tootingyoda
So to get this straight in my head then. If, for instance I wanted a 1 ohm final build with 2 coils then I would need to wrap two coils with a 2 ohm rating for each of them ! Is that right ?
Yes, that is correct. A single, horizontal coil built between the posts works quite well also, I believe.

Had a look on steam engine and it looks to me that you might be best to compromise a little with the resistance. A dual horizontal, 2.5mm ID, 28 gauge kanthal, 9 wrap set up would be a good fit on the deck and would ohm out at around 0.8.

Had a look on steam engine and it looks to me that you might be best to compromise a little with the resistance. A dual horizontal, 2.5mm ID, 28 gauge kanthal, 9 wrap set up would be a good fit on the deck and would ohm out at around 0.8.
Thank you for taking the time to look that up for me. 0.8 ohm I can live with [emoji16]
That's two or three setups to try now [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom