What's new

Noisy cricket upgrade???

takinghippo

Postman
Let me preface this by saying i am not an engineer and have no idea if it would work however, i have had a noisy cricket for some time now and as much as i love it i have yet to leave the house with it and its all because of the switch, dont get me wrong the standard switch is fantastic but i just wish it had a lock ring or something just for that added safety, now i have had a few ideas but nothing to detailed yet but was wandering if any of the apes around here knew of aomething to help with this iv been thinking like maybe just a little collor that would lock the switch or even a little clip to go in to stop it going off in my pocket, so i turn to you for help.

you can get little 3d printed clip style things to lock the switch, also fat daddy vapes have an upgrade kit for the noisy cricket
then theres going to be a v2 I believe ;)

Ooo interesting l, i thaught someone would have already come up with something for it, may keep an eye out for the v2 though

Sorry for the dig up! But the Noisy Cricket II-25 is due at the end of August! Also, for me when I'm putting it in my pocket, I just unscrew the switch a few turns so it cant make contact. Someone will probably tell me this is a bad idea...

Ahh not the worst i had a friend who just took the battery out and shoved it in his pocket, then he wandere why i blew a fuse at him haha

The FDV kit doesn't stop you putting a .1 ohm coil in and blowing your hand up. Nor does it stop you using cheap cells which cant handle the current. The NC is perfectly safe when used correctly!

You can buy stoppers for the switch they sort of slide beneth and round it preventing the cricket from firing , so like a safety lock, saw them on ebay.

anyone make a switch for it so you don't just become unable to open it coz its been buggered up by idiots?

Back
Top Bottom