What's new

Anyone with an Aromamizer ?

mick brown

Veteran
Evening everyone.

I bought an Aromamizer last week while it was on offer at Noble Vaping, £15 so a bargain I thought.
Well, just made a coil up that's different to my usual so wondered what you thought and whether you reckon the wicking looks OK. It's nothing fancy as I've only been doing rta/rdta for less than a month . I don't sub ohm so my usual builds are 28 gauge kanthal, 2.5 ID with about 7 to 10 wraps depending what I fancy making it read 1.3 to 1.8 ohm.

I went for a single vertical coil as reviews have said they work well and don't cause leaks.
26 gauge, 3.0 ID and came out at 1.33 ohms. Having to run it at 18watts which is higher than my usual build but hey ho, that's the thicker wire I assume.
As for the wicking I did the split tail trick so it filled the juice bowl (or whatever you call it ) . So far it's running great with no leaks but a little lacking in flavour compared to my kayfun v5 but could that be because I need to up the watts a bit more ?
Anyway even though it's working OK your comments on the coil and especially the way I've wicked it would be very welcome.

Cheers
Mick
20160827_195637-1.jpg

I've never used vertical coils in mine as I don't see the point if they're not chimney coils, but @scrumpox is the expert.

You using this for mtl I presume bud?

I've only ever run mine dual coil DTL at about 0.4 ish

Looks pretty good, make sure the wick is covering all the juice holes (nice and fluffy as you've got it). I trim my wicks level with the posts as they tend to soak up all the condensation from the chimney.

Looks pretty good, make sure the wick is covering all the juice holes (nice and fluffy as you've got it). I trim my wicks level with the posts as they tend to soak up all the condensation from the chimney.
Thank you. So I need to give it a haircut then ? I wondered whether I left a bit too much on top. Would the extra wick on top mute the flavour at all ? Or do you think I need to up the power. I only say this because I've got the same flavour in an isub g tank with a 2 ohm coil running 10 watts and it gives a better flavour than the Aromamiser which I have got a lower ohm coil in.

The Aromamizer did not do it for me.
I know and accept I may be in the minority, maybe my coiling and wicking or watt setting, but-
I gave up on it very quickly.
Sits in my collection.
Did consider vertical to see if that was what people raved about.
Never tried in months.
Tried it for about 1 or 2 days only.

The Aromamizer did not do it for me.
I know and accept I may be in the minority, maybe my coiling and wicking or watt setting, but-
I gave up on it very quickly.
Sits in my collection.
Did consider vertical to see if that was what people raved about.
Never tried in months.
Tried it for about 1 or 2 days only.
Oh yeah I'm only ever doing verts

I love Aromamizers, had about 5 or 6 of them settled on two now.

I would say they're not really designed for single coil. The air can too easily pass by the coil, not cooling it, and not picking up much vapour.

Try using the same number if wraps you have in your single coil split over two 2.5mm horizontals. You'll probably end up at about 25-27.5 watts, but should get a better vape...

I tried verticals, but get much better flavour and dense vapour with dual horizontal. I use verticals in my Origens, but always find the top gets a bit fried.

I love Aromamizers, had about 5 or 6 of them settled on two now.

I would say they're not really designed for single coil. The air can too easily pass by the coil, not cooling it, and not picking up much vapour.

Try using the same number if wraps you have in your single coil split over two 2.5mm horizontals. You'll probably end up at about 25-27.5 watts, but should get a better vape...

I tried verticals, but get much better flavour and dense vapour with dual horizontal. I use verticals in my Origens, but always find the top gets a bit fried.
Thanks I'll give that a go.
I went for vertical coil because I read a few reviews that said they made it leak free.
By the way. I get plenty of vapour how I've got it at the moment but flavour is way more important to me. I've lined the air holes up with the coil so there is plenty of air flow going over it.
I will take your advice on board though and tinker with a few setups.

Back
Top Bottom