What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Crown coils...

louise vaper

Initiate
I got a new tank today thats a crown, in my haste and excitement I read the instructions and filled the tank up with juice, I didnt take it apart to look at the coils rating like an idiot. What coil is fitted when I take it out of the box, In the box there is a spare 0.5 and 0.15. I feel like an idiot right now :/

At first my mod was reading 0.33 and now 0.27ohm, why is it changing?

DOH, my bad, looking the back of the box it says it comes with 0.25, 0.5 and 0.15, Im guessing the 0.25 is fitted then. Answered my own bloody question in the panic. Sorry :D

What device mod are you using. you may be able to read the ohms off the screen.

its sometimes good to panic @louise vaper as it shows you are taking notice unlike a lot that just put the Ni200 in and vape in wattage mode.

back when the crown was released there was 2 versions advertised. one with the coils you got and one with the Ni200 nickel coil pre installed and there was nothing on the box to say which was pre installed.

a word of advise though. prime the coils well with plenty on the air holes and quite a few drops down the top of coil. then let sit for 10 minutes and if your usual vaping wattage is 50w then start on half that for the first few puffs and then slowly turn up. it will help the coil last longer.

I got the Wismec RX200S in VW mode. I started at 25w and its nice and airy at the minute. The coil in it is 0.25ohm dual coil (the NI200 is still in the box). Im getting a nice flavour as well so im kinda glad I've managed to set a tank up myself now. :D

Should I get my head around locking the ohm for this one as its fluctuating between 0.27-0.33ohm and im not sure why? Thats been the reading on the front. It shoud read 0.25 tho right?

it does jump up and down and theres nothing to worry about.
i only buy the 0.25 now and use mine at 50watts. always start at 25 with a new coil and slowly turn up. comparing it with a coil ive primed and go straight to 50watts it lasts for about a week less.

heres the ranges for all the coils

0.5 dual = 30-80w

0.25 dual = 80-120w

1.2 single = 10-30w

0.15 TC Ni200 = (302°F – 662°F)

Thanks for the advice, its good to know I've got nothing to worry about with the fluctuation :)

Im vape happy now

Any decent mod with full TC capability should be automatically switching to TC mode as soon as it senses Ni200 wire.

The RX200s should certainly switch to TC mode.

As previously mentioned though, it is a very good idea to double check everything is doing as it should when switching out coils or tanks. A couple of my mods sometimes don't kick back to power mode if I put a Nichrome build in after using an SS TC tank or build, much to the shock of my throat.

I only let that happen twice before double checking everytime now lol ;).

Back
Top Bottom