What's new

DNA woes.

Yep im talking to jc atm he's a very nice bloke, very helpful to boot.
I said to him i want the works mate, i will update you via pm as to when how much etc..... that m17 just got added to the list. Fuck i need a 2nd job i think [emoji16]

DO NOT GOOGLE THE 44 MOD DNA200!

OR THE DOGMODS DNA200!

How about a third job? [emoji23]

Shinyitus at its finest. Those Boss 3000's are something special though bud.

44 looks OK, not mad keen on the green jobby i just saw on youtube.

44 looks OK, not mad keen on the green jobby i just saw on youtube.

[emoji6]

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1472053419.092527.jpg

I just got a low end hotcig DR200 to use as a stealth vaper to give me all the benefits of DNA 200 when the size of a lot of them may not be convenient or ideal in this capacity. I know the Hotcigs aren't rated particularly highly in comparison to other DNA's, but some immediate plus sides I've noticed.

It comes completely set up in Escribe out of the box. Battery settings, case analysis and mod resistance are all set up ready to go. My other 3 more expensive mods weren't set up in Escribe.

It has a magnetic battery cover that you can swap out the pretty poor 900mAh LiPo cell and slap in a freshly charged one. It comes supplied with an RC balance charger cable as well.

It's VERY small and light, especially when you put it next to the DNA200 RX, VT133 and a Panzer as examples.

As said, I realise some don't rate Hotcig highly and their mods are more budget compared to others and they're not as visually striking, etc, but if you want a DNA 200 mod set up already out of the box, it's worth mentioning.

My RX DNA, VT133 and Panzer I had to update firmware (except the Panzer, that had a new board with latest version), do my own case analysis, calibrated mod resistance myself and obviously I had to set up the battery info etc too.

Otherwise, ask others to name their DNA mods and ask if they can remember if certain Escribe settings had already been completed and set up when they first plugged it in.

The ONLY thing I did have to do was to update firmware.

Woah, what do you mean do your own case analysis/calibrate mod resistance? I knew DNA stuff was a bit complicated but that's sounds a bit excessive.

Sadly, I don't know of any workarounds and am an apple user myself.

My superdrive has given up, and recently I had to install a new HD, so lost windows and had to reinstall OSX.
Quite annoying, as I now have 4 mods that I can't tinker with in Escribe, and I can't use an ISO of windows to use bootcamp due to my mac having a disc drive.

The DNA200 is a fantastic device if you enjoy tinkering to get a fantastic vape, although I would make sure you have a way to use Escribe, I have profiles on all my devices that work well which is good, but I can't update to the latest firmware which I hear really helps with SS temp control.

I use escribe on a windows 10 installation, in parallels on a MacBook Pro. Work fine for me, mostly. Once you get it all set up, you won't need regular access to escribe but it is fun to use the device monitor every now and then!

Same here, just use Escribe on a Parallels install of Win10. Works fine. Escribe is good if you want to add different wire types like the Stealthvape NiFe30, much easier for setting up profiles etc, not even sure you can do some of this direct on the mod through the menu? Admittedly Parallels cost a few quid and I have Windows licences knocking around due to work so was no pain for me to set up. Would have though Evolv would have made an OSX version by now though.

Woah, what do you mean do your own case analysis/calibrate mod resistance? I knew DNA stuff was a bit complicated but that's sounds a bit excessive.

It may sound overly complicated but it isn't.

Calibrating mod resistance isn't 100% necessary and in most cases you can simply enter values used by someone else who has shared/posted their results. In general, they're close enough. I calibrated my own simply because I'm geeky with my DNA's and wanted to ensure it was done with the correct values entered for MY specific devices ;). Easily done and takes 2 minutes max to do per mod and the required tool or a reliable way to short the 510. The calibration tool is basically a copper plug with a 510 threaded connector, that's it :)..

Case analysis, again you can simply enter the values for your mod that someone else has shared, upload them to your device and in general they too are good enough. Otherwise, all the case analysis is, is a test in Escribe that puts your device under varying charging loads and measures the given thermal properties of your specific device. The test can take 3-4 hours, which is why most people simply use shared results or don't bother at all Once done, you just upload the results to the device.

Setting different profiles for different tanks and/or coils/builds you may have or for different wire types makes things really handy if you just have one DNA mod. That way, if you're constantly switching between multiple different tanks or builds you can simply change the profile to your preset preferences for a specific tank, coil, build, etc. It just saves messing about changing TC or wattage on the fly when you swap tanks that may use vastly different power/TC settings. Again, not necessary but very handy. Making your profiles can take 10 - 15 minutes or less if you know exactly what you want preset already. Once you've set the profiles you want, upload takes seconds. Save any profiles you set up to any external drive for if you want to later adjust them so you can just load them off the external drive.

A firmware update however is a good idea if that is required. Very simple and takes seconds. Some of my recently purchased DNA's still came with boards programmed in Feb and didn't have the latest update. My Panzer however that I just received has an updated board and firmware was up to date.

If you're using different TC wires such as titanium, NiFe, SS, you need to add these wires in Escribe and upload to the device (very simple to do and takes seconds). Again, this is dependent on the firmware version your device is shipped with. My Panzer already had SS, Ni200 and titanium pre-uploaded, earlier versions just have Ni200 only.. I just needed to add NiFe30 to the Panzer, which also took seconds to do. The DNA's with older boards, I had to upload SS, titanium and the NiFe30, also takes seconds and very simple.

The main values that often do need entering is the battery settings. Some LiPo DNA's come preset (both my Panzer and DR200 had the correct LiPo info entered). With 18650 mods however, obviously due to the huge variety of cells out there, the info needs manually entering. Again lol, this does only take seconds to do once you have the required info :).

Ultimately, get a DNA mod and just visit or borrow from someone any Windows device (except a phone). Seek out the required info beforehand hand so all you need to do is enter everything needed or desired and you can have everything done well inside of 30 mins or considerably less if you don't bother with the profiles.

The only reason you may possibly then need Escribe in the future is for any new firmware updates, if you needed to add a new wire type or you wanted to rejig or adjust your profiles.

Escribe does sound like some kind of enhanced Voodoo, but it really isn't :). It does have some enhanced features available for those so inclined to use them, but for the most part, setting up a DNA for the average vaper can easily be done in 10 mins at a maximum and is relatively simple. Please DON'T let Escribe and some of its features put you off the mod itself. They truly are very good indeed :D.

Sorry for scaring you lol ;). BBBOOOOOOOO :p :30:.!!

Back
Top Bottom