What's new

Starting point.

westy

Postman
ive got a tfv8 tank...a little while to go and a few more threads and videos to watch before I start building my own coils but...is there a good quality starting kit out there with everything I'll need ie wire/cotton/tools ? I've seen a few but they look abit cheep...I'm after quality that will last ect.

Will have to do the same...maybe just make up my own kit.

You don't need a lot. I just bought the coilmaster kit because it came "as a kit " so was handy and all in a tidy wallet / holder

Am yet to find a "perfect" complete kit, but to be honest, you don't "need" much - I started using a nail kit and the little blue screwdriver, and that worked fine for me!

My current kit started with something like this as a base:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/2524...3D710-134428-41853-0%26rvr_id%3D1083312338518

Then I swapped out the little blue screwdriver for the snazzy wotofo multi tool (was it m vapes that sell them?), and the tweezers for either my straight nosed ceramic tipped ones, or the small atty clamp tweezer combo thingies. Oh, and add in either a good pair of nail clippers or some nice flush wire cutters.

I would add links but one was hard enough work on the iPad! May come back and add everything in neatly tomorrow.

I don't use a tab, just use my regulated mods. Never had a problem so far.

Altogether far cheaper than a coil master kit and doesn't take up as much space.

I was thinking of getting the Coil Master V2 kit, but I think that's down to 1. I'm very new to building coils and 2. I'm a sucker for a "kit" .. Selling me this amazing kit, with all these shiny tools with little cutouts in the case for them! And probably a little naive about what I need/don't need!

Might have a look around and write up a little list pf essentials and order/go from there..

Can always use the money saved on more goodies.. Ha. Never enjoyed getting the mail so much!

I have heard that the old toe nail clippers are good for getting nice and close to the posts

But have to admit I am a sucker for nice shiny kits that have snug little holes for everything.

Back
Top Bottom