What's new

vendor of the month...some changes needed.....

I've been trying to control my spending so haven't been purchasing anything . I don't feel it's right to vote for someone when I haven't used them in that month regardless of how good the service has been when I've used them before

Same for me - I have to be real careful with my cash and haven't really spent enough in different places on different things to have much clue about who is good/bad/indifferent or whatever :(

top fucking tune

Damn right :D Bought this fromWoolworths when I was 10.

2016-08-26 21.46.56.jpg

I only use the iOS app, which doesn't have a way of voting. Is it at all possible to find a way of being able to vote using the app? (@junglist, @OccultScientist)

I find it easier with iOS, to just save a shortcut to the full web version of forums or websites. I always found crapatalk or forum specific apps too glitchy, and too ducky abouty. You either couldn't access, or find stuff you get on the web versions. :)

So what's left, the ones I don't use.

So why would I vote for a company I dont use? *Shrugs*

Because they've introduced an exciting new line, offered good deals, you've read something on the forum that showed they were a fair and honest vendor? ... I dunno, I vote regardless of whether I've bought anything from them but maybe I'm doing it wrong? To be honest I've not bought much lately that wasn't from Fasttech but being around here I do kind of know what's going on and who's treating their customers well. Much like a general election I can usually find at least one reason to vote for someone.

I think to see the same people win month on month would be enough to put me off participating. What would be the point.

I agree that to see the same vendor win month after month would not be a good thing, If people do what them to be able to win more than once I think it should be only 1 per quarter, like Jan/Feb/March ... April/May/June ... or divide it into 4 seasons 3 for summer, 3 for autumn, whatever it doesn't really matter but it could be a balance between only once and as many times as possible.

btw, while I'm here how exactly does the nomination process work each month?

btw, while I'm here how exactly does the nomination process work each month?
Good question. I believe anyone may nominate but the nominee must be a POTV "vendor" i.e. have vendor status here. That's it I think.

Good question. I believe anyone may nominate but the nominee must be a POTV "vendor" i.e. have vendor status here. That's it I think.

I'm just asking because maybe that could be looked at .... so the vendor actually has to do something out of the ordinary to be nominated............. rather than just a massive list of everybody's favourites and literally almost everyone gets chucked in the pot every month to be voted on, it may make it so just a handful of different vendors are up for it each month.

Back
Top Bottom