What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Crazy Wire Company - NiFe48, 52 & 70

I've now tried. 0031 .0034 and .005
Ive tried it in a kayfun mini v3 and a subtank rba
Tried all those combinations on a dna75, pico and rx200

Pretty much consistent results across the board
Doh

Nah but good suggestion
Ive tried different profiles on the dna too as well as 2 other mods

I've now tried. 0031 .0034 and .005
Ive tried it in a kayfun mini v3 and a subtank rba
Tried all those combinations on a dna75, pico and rx200

Pretty much consistent results across the board
Doh

This is so odd.

I suppose you can ignore the advertised TCR and try to tune it by trial and error. Thinking about it, if it's overheating, then it might be that the TCR is set too high (a similar thing happens if you try to use SS with Ti TCR settings, for example).

Try setting the TCR lower. 0.0025, 0.0020, 0.0015 etc

If the TCRs are much lower than advertised, that's really annoying from the point of view of setting up mods and means the TC accuracy of the wire is substantially lower than the advertised stats would suggest...

I'm starting to think that either the TCR on their website is wrong, or they have sent you the wrong wire by accident (but the matching resistivity suggests the former).

Disclaimer: The above is not an accusation, just an exploration of of possible causes.

This is so odd.

I suppose you can ignore the advertised TCR and try to tune it by trial and error. Thinking about it, if it's overheating, then it might be that the TCR is set too high (a similar thing happens if you try to use SS with Ti TCR settings, for example).

Try setting the TCR lower. 0.0025, 0.0020, 0.0015 etc

If the TCRs are much lower than advertised, that's really annoying from the point of view of setting up mods and means the TC accuracy of the wire is substantially lower than the advertised stats would suggest...

I'm starting to think that either the TCR on their website is wrong, or they have sent you the wrong wire by accident (but the matching resistivity suggests the former).

Disclaimer: The above is not an accusation, just an exploration of of possible causes.
Ive been quiet because I was waiting for the nife 48
Now that behaves pretty well with the advertised tcr
Over 200° starts to taste a tad dry, almost burny, but doesn't feel too hot - so I'm going to put it down to the coil being too big ( 6 wraps, 3mm ID) for a v3 too handle and/or crap wicking. I'll reduce it to 2.5mm tomorrow and rewick

Then I'll re-try with the 52 on a trial and error basis. I'm thinking it might be mis-labelled...... On the basis that it seems unlikely that the 52 will be so far off target when the 48 seems pretty good
I wonder if it's nichrome (it vapes great at 20watts)? That'd have a very low tcr

Nife48..... Recoiled with 2.5mm ID and had to open juice control more thwn the usual 2 turns - it vapes nicely [emoji106]
Nife52..... I noticed it seems more like 28 or 29 gauge rather the 31awg I'd bought. I cut 10cm and looped it into an atty; the resistance was 0.89 and should've been 1.01 It works reasonably well with a tcr of 120

Bottom line, it seems i was sent a mislabelled spool. I've emailed explaining this and hope they'll send a replacement

Be interesting to see how you get on, not long ago stocked up on NiFe from zivipf.de so don't need any yet but like the look of the NiFe52 if the spec turns out to be correct!! Good luck!!!

here's how I got on:

Allen,

I have been asked about the TCR reading a few times in the last couple of days. We are going to firm up these details and add them to the site in the next couple of days.
I have left it with our technical guys and we will announce through twitter when the info is added @CrazyWireCo @TheVapeMeshCo

Many thanks for the question. We need to know what we've missed so that we can improve our service. I appreciate it.

About the wire I must say that it’s hard for me to be sure. We certainly have stock straight off the shelf. Please confirm your address and I’ll have another sent to you.

I've got to say that get's the thumbs up from me all round:
doesn't pretend anything - if anything he is so honest by admitting other people seem to be having issues. He really didn't need to do that!
He's following up on it and has a plan on how to distribute the info
He's offered a replacement, no questions asked.

For me, that's fantastic customer service and I wish more companies were like this.

Be interesting to see how you get on, not long ago stocked up on NiFe from zivipf.de so don't need any yet but like the look of the NiFe52 if the spec turns out to be correct!! Good luck!!!

so folks want to know how I got on?

my little question about whether I might have been sent a mislabelled spool went on to become a decent conversation with the Crazy Wire folks. I told them there's some stuff they're doing that is excellent - but there might be ways that they could improve and build on the good stuff they're doing; they said they'd send a bit of free stuff as a thank you............
so what arrived?

OMFG!!! this did:

wire hoard.jpg

is it just me or is this astounding??

Emailing them now with some suggestions! :D Just kidding of course. That is very nice of them, to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom