What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

New batteries ?

I think its time for me to restock on battieries too - they stall at 4.1v when charging so i assume they're dying.

Ive had 25Rs on the past and my last batch were 30Qs.
Canvassing opinions though...... Which do people find better? 25R or 30Q?

I think its time for me to restock on battieries too - they stall at 4.1v when charging so i assume they're dying.

Ive had 25Rs on the past and my last batch were 30Qs.
Canvassing opinions though...... Which do people find better? 25R or 30Q?

Cells are always dying. 4.1 is ok. Stick my neck out and say for up to 80W 30Q probably lasts longer. My single cell mods up to 50W on 0.25 lowest the 30Qs will outlast the 25Rs.
I use other cells mostly for twin cell mods but do use the 25Rs as backups and imagine they would be better than 30Qs but I really haven' t tested 30Qs for long in a twin cell mod.
The 30Qs are bloody good and can be as cheap as the 25Rs. I would also use the 25Rs in my triples but might worry slightly about the 30Qs.
Silly really, I suppose it's just the nagging doubts about the 30Qs, they are supposed to be 15A but "Mooch" says they're good for 20A and "Torchy" rates them as 30A!
Perhaps 30Qs have longer lifetimes if used as 15A cells, must be a reason why Samsung rate them the way they do.
In the space of just 2 or 3 years Samsung has changed the 25Rs (from blue to green and a second version of green and I don't mean colour I mean chemistry).
Only seen one version of 30Q.
Having said all this I actually prefer my LGs overall!

I'm toying with 30Qs for regulated devices and HG2s for mechs.
On mechs i rarely go below 0.5 ohms (so that's 8.4amps max) and never below 0.25 ohms (max 17amps)
On regulated I'm 99% of the time 50w or less..... And i pretty much use them for TC only

...... On that basis, any opinions welcomed (i realise it's all about personal preference anyway)

In that case 30Q's all round. They will last longer than most higher Amp batteries, and having read mooch's write up and viewed the results graph they will handle 17A fine.

Back
Top Bottom