What's new

Therion dna75 vs hcigar vt133

simon23484

Postman
Not on looks I have made my mind up on that but battery life. Which would last longer vaping with 45 watts. 0.33 coil and identical Sammy 25r or sony vt5s.

I had both, in my experience they will be very similar, the therion with batteries in parallel does seem to last a bit longer though.

Unless you want to vape more than 75 Watts the Therion wins hands down and is the better mod, the hcigar build quality was very poor.

I ve got both and love them both.

The Therion battery life is def better at 45W using 0.4ohm coils but limited at 75W . Could almost get 2 days i reckon.

The VT133 is not much bigger but does go to 133W and batteries still last a full day easily.

Cheers guys. I have both too and I honestly think my hcigar is built really well. I can't see issues some see but maybe that's me? The Therion is the beauty and it's a quality piece of work.
I so far have found battery life nearly identical that's why I asked others. Thanks.

Cheers guys. I have both too and I honestly think my hcigar is built really well. I can't see issues some see but maybe that's me? The Therion is the beauty and it's a quality piece of work.
I so far have found battery life nearly identical that's why I asked others. Thanks.
Maybe I was a bit harsh, I actually got the silver 133 and it was absolutely awful, never received a mod in such bad condition, huge gaps, scraches and chips on the screen & body, I had it replaced with a black one that was a lot better but for such a well designed mod I wished they had put some more care in to assembling them. My mate got a VT75, also a quality design but it literally had a huge gap down one side and the paint started peeling off the body, Hcigar just need to up their QC from my experience.

On the positives the 133 is a very comfortable mod to hold, I love the looks and I thought the battery door was a pucker design, held in place very firmly unlike some reviewers mentioned and it was super quick and easy to change batteries. I also thought the buttons had a really nice feel to them.

The dna200 chip is the better of the two with a maximum voltage around 9v vs the dna75 which has a max voltage of 6.2v.

Stick that in an ohms law calculator before you buy to make sure it can do the wattage you want it to do.

The therion looks well made but I don't like parallel mods since I have been known to put the batteries in the wrong way at times. Do this on a parallel mod and you short the batteries no matter what the protection in the board.

I have a vt133 and couldn't be happier with the build quality. I do have one of the coloured doors for it though which has rubberised paint on both the outside and inside. It means it fits like a glove and feels really good in the hand. They are £4 on gear best.

The dna200 chip is the better of the two with a maximum voltage around 9v vs the dna75 which has a max voltage of 6.2v.

That's the DNA200 in its stock configuration, in 133 mode with two cells I believe it's still limited to 6v.

I'm going to pick up a Therion. I was momentarily thinking of the VT133 before I realized the reason I'm getting a Therion is that the Hcigar VT75 hasn't treated me too well. The build quality is not perfect, and with one battery I can't really vape above ~50 watts because it will flash 'weak battery' when your charge starts to dip a little below full. I'm guessing/hoping with dual parallel 18650s the DNA75 will actually let me vape at full wattage for a while before the weak battery warning.

I'm going to pick up a Therion. I was momentarily thinking of the VT133 before I realized the reason I'm getting a Therion is that they Hcigar VT75 hasn't treated me too well. The build quality is not perfect, and with one battery I can't really vape above ~50 watts because it will flash 'weak battery' when our charge starts to dip a little below full. I'm guessing/hoping with dual parallel 18650s the DNA75 will actually let me vape at full wattage for a while before the weak battery warning.

That doesn't make for encouraging reading, I was in a quandry between the Therion and Hcigar VT75; I went for the VT75 because I thought it might be lighter and sadly, because I thought it looked better and less fussy than the Therion.
Hcigar should be with me today, I've got some 26650 batteries charged and ready to go...just hope I'm not disappointed!

That doesn't make for encouraging reading, I was in a quandry between the Therion and Hcigar VT75; I went for the VT75 because I thought it might be lighter and sadly, because I thought it looked better and less fussy than the Therion.
Hcigar should be with me today, I've got some 26650 batteries charged and ready to go...just hope I'm not disappointed!

I didn't mean to be the bearer of bad news, sorry!

The weak battery issue is well-known with the DNA75; sadly a single cell, whether 18650 or 26650 struggles to provide 75 watts for long because of battery sag. I think whereas other 75 watt single cell mods 'pretend' to work the Evolv chip actually lets you know that your voltage is sagging below the minimum while you're firing the device.

You might like the VT75 if you're not going to push it past 50 watts, but be careful not to tighten the battery door too much or the c-frame will start developing gaps where it meets the shell. Just screw it in until the battery doesn't rattle anymore and don't go past that.

My other issue with the VT75 is that the removable 510 plate got stuck to my beloved Kayfun 5 and I had to spend hours getting them apart. I don't know why Hcigar decided to make the 510 plate removable but it screws off and might get stuck to your atomizer.

Overall it's a pretty device that let me down. I have the Therion now and I'd pick it over the VT75... sure the Therion would have been better as a DNA133 device but I still think it's the best DNA75 device available now. I think the DNA60 is much better suited to a single battery, and is quite small compared to the 75/200 chip which are the same size.

No need for apologies Koofteh, at least you've made me aware of the weak points!

I'm still very much a novice with this vaping and fully expect to make a few duff buys...not suggesting the Hcigar is duff, I've actually got it now and it's certainly aesthetically pleasing, I'm going to have to "suck it and see" and see if it performs.
I was so close to buying the Therion too...perhaps later:)

Back
Top Bottom