What's new

Wicking Merlin for high vg

jimi76

Postman
Hi all. Just wandering if anyone has managed to wick the augvape Merlin for high vg juices? I've managed to get 75% vg wicking great but oddly OHW policeman wicks but circus cookie doesn't even though they are both 80% vg heavy?? Anyway, I'm assuming less cotton will help. May be thinning it out more then stuffing it in the wells. Just wandering. Any tips as always aporeciated

I'm using 70 vg and haven't gone heavier than that and have had no problems.

Generally the trick is to use a lot of wick but fluff it out.

I go to the bottom of the juice wells but once in and primed use a screwdriver to push it back slightly from the openings.

I think the trick for thicker juice is have the fluffed wick ends just touching the bottom but the hole openings clear.

I've read some people go shorter and just rest on the top of the wells but this is a fine balance as it will piss itself very easily with not enough wick!

Good luck.

My go to juice is 80 vg and the merlins have no problems with this range. I feel you could take it higher but 80 is just what I use. As Spikey says the key is letting the wicks just cover the tops of the channels. Very similar to other tanks when using high vg you don't want the wicks going into the juice channels but just resting above them so there is juice in contact with your wicks all the time.

The merlin is a very easy tank to wick. No need to do much work, just trim a little excess from the sides. Obviously you want to be using something like a 3-3.5 mm coil so you have a great inner wick to work with. Leaving fluffy tails you have a great buffer to keep saturated. All of this is done delicately, just placing the wicks above the holes. No pushing is needed.

Thanks chaps. Really helpful. I agree the Merlin is a joy to build on and a piece of piss to wick. All YouTube vids etc. Showed the wick covering juice holes so I assumed that if this didn't happen it would leak. Great tank though. Will be using for a very long time for sure. Thanks again ;)

Sure is a lovely tank!! I wouldn't worry too much about leaks, it has juiceflow control so just close it down if it gets a bit too juicy :D

I'm really impressed with it for the price, good to be able to use big coil IDs as well!

Back
Top Bottom