What's new

Vape Desk Organisers

I've stolen these images from difference places but i thought they might help with ideas
images.jpg
images (3).jpg
images (2).jpg
341cd7928b502fc4024fa48ae1d3cc75.jpg
images (1).jpg

@vapemac, I was considering the 510 holes in the juice slots, might just do them now lol. Yep I am defo struggling with giving the piece a decent enough finish without using varnish. Watched a few things tonight on Waxing wood so may give it another go tomorrow, mostly its about the patience of doing it but I really like this piece so it is worth the time and effort.

Also liking the images you posted, given me a few ideas, the biggest pain is creating the slots for square mods to go into without having to go right through the wood, but got a few ideas I am going to play with over the next day or so.

Apologies for the lack of info recently, I've been on shift and don't get much time to do much. Anyway I've been tinkering and trying new ideas on how to make the slots. The wood is Canadian Red Wood approx 100 years old. The photos are how I'm making some Mod slots which has been requested. If anyone has suggestions as to the best way to make these slots please share. I'm no joiner and working with wood is fairly new to me. I'll keep posting things and please feel free to pass constructive comments and advice.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 55
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 60
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
Yes, that is a problem with wax in that you do need a more sanded finish for it. Which is more work.

Looking good though - you're getting there! :)

@Arctic_Wolf OK I had to sit back and think on how I was going to do this particular project, plus I needed to buy certain tools for my manshed :D, (any excuse). The plan is as follows, I will create the slots for the MODS (3.4cm x 8cm, hope that's wide and long enough). I will only go 1 inch into the depth of the wood rather than the full 2 inches. The base will hold 5 MODS and up to 9 standard Tanks, the upper tier will just hold 5 MODS. If I sit the upper part to the rear of the base then it will be quite a deep and space consuming unit, but if I raise the upper tier so that it's sitting back roughly halfway (I will be trimming the upper tier as you didn't want anything other than the MODS so it won't be as deep as the bottom) and sit it on legs (not the rough things in the photo's they were just for guide) which I will make from the same wood. FYI this is Canadian Redwood approx. 100 years old. Hope the pics explain it enough, if not just ask :D.

Attachments

• IMG_2377.JPG
    IMG_2377.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2378.JPG
    IMG_2378.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2379.JPG
    IMG_2379.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Back