What's new

Fine tuning my mod flavour/clouds

vaporiser

Postman
I have ordered the Crown V2, should hopefully be here tomorrow. Anyway, as you know I've been fighting a constant battle between wanting flavour and clouds. Is it so bad that I want both? Don't we all? Lol
I've got the TFV8 for clouds, Crown V2 obviously for flavour. I've also just got a new adjustable airflow drip tip. So how can I get the best flavour from the Crown V2? Should I close the airflow on the tank and leave the drip tip airflow open? And with the TFV8 for clouds, should I keep both airflows open?
Using the Smok H-Priv Mod... what ramp-up setting and wattage will be best to get the most clouds from the TFV8? And should I use VW or TC with the Crown V2 to maximise flavour? Best wattage/temperature?

Sorry for all the questions I just really want to set both of them so I can maximise my flavour and clouds.

Generally the less air flow equals better flavour, but you sacrifice cloudage.

I find the TFV8 decent for flavour, especially for a big tank with stock coils, takes a great big dump on most other stock coiled tanks I've tried (not tried either Crown). I've found the sweet spot for me on the V8 coil is 140w, however, for me it's a bit too full on to use all day, but as they say tastes are subjective.

I don't know much about equipment n' all that but my advice would be to experiment, experiment, then experiment some more with the kit you've got and see what suits you best. You already know that big air = clouds, less air = flavour so its just about finding the middle ground that gets you the best of both...and only you can be the judge of that. Try different configurations, have fun doing it, and best of luck!

I found anything over 100w too hot to taste anything, I don't know if it's just me? I've tried closing both airflows but then I get a strange oily VG taste if that makes sense. Trying my best to describe it there lol. With both airflows half way open I feel there's more sweetness to the taste.

And with both airflows shut I tend to feel the juice coming up

yeah, you need some air that's for sure!! .... nothing worse that a gob full of boiling e-liquid.

good luck with the Crown, really looking forward to hearing about your adventures with it.

Of course I understand your wanting to maximise both flavour and clouds, get the best you can, but your search reminds me of a mate who is searching for low calorie chocolate fudge cake! :P

Of course I understand your wanting to maximise both flavour and clouds, get the best you can, but your search reminds me of a mate who is searching for low calorie chocolate fudge cake! :P

yeah, to me it's not really about maximising anything, it's about balancing things, air with vapour, resistance with wattage, VG with PG... um, cotton with holes. .. if you get those 'right' then you'll have the 'right' taste and clouds for you.... the catch being not everyone likes the same balance.

anyone can do Max VG, Max watts, Max airflow, Max fucking whatever.

............ no balance, shit vape.

actually, re-reading your first post ... I can see this is what you are trying to do, the problem with 'fine tuning' your vape is that only you @vaporiser can answer your questions.

Try what you are asking and see what happens, you should be able to tell what effect closing the airflow will have, there's really no point in asking us if it will be a good thing for you.

There are low calorie chocolate fudge cakes out there.. I've had that kind of stuff in the past. Prefer the full fat indulgence now though haha. I've only used coconut flavour with my Crown so far, but there is definitely more flavour than TFV4 Micro and TFV8. Even some decent clouds too which I wasn't expecting. Coconut is quite a bland, subtle taste though, I need to try some other things before I've made my mind up.

Back
Top Bottom