What's new

Review Asmodus Minikin 1.5 (150W) Review

Victor1st

Left Voluntarily
===Asmodus Minikin 1.5===

The original minikin was released at the beginning of 2016 to quite a bit of praise in the reviewing circles. The minikin 1.5 takes the original minikin and upgrades it to 150 watts, with a slightly more beefy construction, more TC options and better battery life. How does it stack up against all the other dual battery mods out there? Lets find out...

===TIMESTAMPS===

Unboxing - 2:30
Asmodus Minikin 1.5 - 4:14
Menu - 8:38
TC Options - 10:33
Wattage Vape - 15:40
TC Test - 19:55
Vape and thoughts - 25:00

Commenting so to remind me to watch this later. Enjoy my two minikin 120s but was horrified by Daniel at DJslb's findings in his review of the 150.

Oh dear. I'll stick with my reservations based on Daniel's review and what with all teh shananigans from Asmodus I personally won't risk buying the 150. Happy enough with the 120 which is also inaccurate in its display, deliberately according to an official reply on the Asmodus site to a forum question. They tweak the displayed wattage so it undervalues to make users think it hits hard but e.g. at this moment I have a display of 40W on a coil showing as 0.42ohm. That should also show 4.1V but it doesn't, it shows 4.39V which apparently is accurate so the true wattage is in fact 45.9W. No wonder it gives the illusion of "hitting hard". I have learned to adapt to this but if Daniel's very technical breakdown of the 150 version is right then there are more issues than the false watts readings so not for me. Shame because I love the look and feel of it and batteries do last longer but for the unwary it could be bad news especially on the TC front. Maybe a Minikin 1.5 V2 will be better ...

Back
Top Bottom