What's new

The return to MTL and restricted lung vaping

Thanks for that post. I have a clone on the way to me now and am very excited for my first Genny.. From your description the draw sounds like it will be perfect for me. Any comparison to a KF3 mini fully open?
@allen

Thanks for that post. I have a clone on the way to me now and am very excited for my first Genny.. From your description the draw sounds like it will be perfect for me. Any comparison to a KF3 mini fully open?
@allen

This on it's minimum is about the same as a fully open v3
BTW, mine's a clone too - just looks prettier the the FT ones as I got it direct through alibaba

I'm tempted to buy a spare straight away.

Having had some time with the Augvape Merlin now I'm even more impressed and with lots of wick, the restrictor screw and AFC closed down does give a pretty tight (for me far too tight I open up the AFC) MTL.

The velocity deck meaning you can put in big ID coils and lots of cotton means a really 'thick' flavourful vape. It says something that I'm using it as much as my genuine Calix V2 and KF5 and it only cost £22!!

Having had some time with the Augvape Merlin now I'm even more impressed and with lots of wick, the restrictor screw and AFC closed down does give a pretty tight (for me far too tight I open up the AFC) MTL.

The velocity deck meaning you can put in big ID coils and lots of cotton means a really 'thick' flavourful vape. It says something that I'm using it as much as my genuine Calix V2 and KF5 and it only cost £22!!
I reckon the merlin is massively under-rated. It's incredibly versatile. It truly does MTL and DTL.... And does both well

Picked up an Aspire K2 kit for mums friend who is visiting and ive been 'testing' it for a bit. ;)

The flavour is on par with my KF Mini v3 and vape quality more than acceptable.. She had a first vape on it today and loves it.

Im going to get one for stealth vaping and to hand out to newbies who fancy trying this vaping malarkey.

Last edited:
Picked up an Aspire K2 kit for mums friend who is visiting and ive been 'testing' it for a bit. ;)

The flavour is on par with my KF Mini v3 and vape quality more than acceptable.. She had a first vape on it today and loves it.

Im going to get one for stealth vaping and to hand out to newbies who fancy trying this vaping malarkey.
The K3 takes the nautilus coils, whereas the K2 takes the other sized BVC coils. Just FYI.

It's arrived folks!

NEXTASIS IS HERE!!!

the set up was totally trial and error
in the end I got it working very nicely with a piece of #200 mesh measuring 13mm x 45mm and that's working great with 80% VG juice
I tried various 'toppers' as well but they screwed it up - utterly excess to requirements.

coil is 1.25 ohms and chuffing steadily away at 14 watts. I can chain vape with no dry hits

if it settles in like this, the mini v3 will be back in it's box very soon

This might be a weird way to do an update but it's the best i can think of doing this..... Maybe this'll help the next person who receives theirs:

My nextasis started shorting even though i' d burnt/oxidised/blasted the hell out of the mesh.
The issue turned out to be the wick was slightly too wide at the bottom.
This was easily fixed but cutting a rectangle out of the corner measuring 1cm wide and 8mm high
The end result is a rectangle 14mm high and 30mm wide with an extra strip attached at the top 1cm wide and 5mm high; this bit gives 2 extra wraps at the top, making it a bit wider where the coil goes around it.
I hope thats makes sense?

Its perfect. I couldn't be happier.
It's a bit airier than its ancestors but now I'm used to that i like it.

100% recommended - especially at FT prices!

Just found some juice which I was avoiding using due to its weird Germolene smell...Digby's Hooligan.

Now I tried every way to enjoy this juice, sub ohm style DL...and nothing made it work, I just couldn't get the correct flavour and past the almost medical smell.

So it's been in the steep box 10 month and every time I open it, it screams at me "try again". So I thought I would pop it in the Kayfun v5 clone I have and try MTL'ing it...50/50 11mg (I now vape 6mg) and freakin' WOW!!! Talking about a transformation...and I don't think I have had a nic hit like this for a while!!

Just proves some juices are designed to be MTL'ed.

Just found some juice which I was avoiding using due to its weird Germolene smell...Digby's Hooligan.

Now I tried every way to enjoy this juice, sub ohm style DL...and nothing made it work, I just couldn't get the correct flavour and past the almost medical smell.

So it's been in the steep box 10 month and every time I open it, it screams at me "try again". So I thought I would pop it in the Kayfun v5 clone I have and try MTL'ing it...50/50 11mg (I now vape 6mg) and freakin' WOW!!! Talking about a transformation...and I don't think I have had a nic hit like this for a while!!

Just proves some juices are designed to be MTL'ed.

ha, that's a coincidence ..... I tried this for the first time last week (took advantage of the 30% off) and fancied trying something new, I'm not a massive fruit flavour fan but I did the whole 10ml in a day, I thought it was delicious too .... I'm gonna have to go back and buy some more soon. It's gone straight into my sig as one of 'my juices' .... I can't explain the taste but I loved it and it wasn't what I was expecting to be honest.

oh. and my new tank came..

WP_20160825_23_32_53_Pro.jpg

Back
Top Bottom