What's new

Power, Power, Power - and more Power

jacinabox

Postman
Title is a bit TopGear'esque, but what is it with mods that seem develop more and more watts, I see some that are quoted as 300w, whether that's an accurate figure or simple marketing hype I neither know or care...or perhaps I should and I'm missing out on something special?!

I relatively new to the vaping game, although I did try it a few years ago but sold the wrong stuff,; well the kit was decent and I'm now using it again (eLeaf 30w and Atlantis V1 tank) Being given 18mg juice didn't make it a pleasurable experience, but that's all sorted and with a decent low mg juice I'm well off the cigs and busy spending my hard earned on all sorts vaping "must have's"....tanks RDA's, RTDA's other mods etc.

I'm waiting on delivery of a Hcigar 75 DNA and I'm going to have a go at coil building and TC vaping. Can someone tell me why does the need, for some at least, to have 200w or more power, what does it offer over more modest outputs?

IMHO it's more bragging rights! But then I stick to low watts and see most of it as fairly pointless! It depends on the individual vaping style and what sort of builds you go for as to whether you need all the options or not. I'm just a simple girl though, as long as it works, I'm happy :)

Some people just prefer devices vaping or otherwise to have bigger numbers.
Whether there is any requirement for the big numbers is irrelevant.

The ability to run bigger fatter coils and generate monstrous amounts of vape. Plus, you can boast about how big your watts are to your mates int pub.

Title is a bit TopGear'esque, but what is it with mods that seem develop more and more watts, I see some that are quoted as 300w, whether that's an accurate figure or simple marketing hype I neither know or care...or perhaps I should and I'm missing out on something special?!

I relatively new to the vaping game, although I did try it a few years ago but sold the wrong stuff,; well the kit was decent and I'm now using it again (eLeaf 30w and Atlantis V1 tank) Being given 18mg juice didn't make it a pleasurable experience, but that's all sorted and with a decent low mg juice I'm well off the cigs and busy spending my hard earned on all sorts vaping "must have's"....tanks RDA's, RTDA's other mods etc.

I'm waiting on delivery of a Hcigar 75 DNA and I'm going to have a go at coil building and TC vaping. Can someone tell me why does the need, for some at least, to have 200w or more power, what does it offer over more modest outputs?

It's just a preference. With a big, chunky coil, an airy RDA and a big set of lungs you need power. Lots of power.
I'm not in the 200w bracket- but I can vape happily at 130 plus dependant on what setup i'm using. I like a warm vape but I also like a long, slow draw so that's my happy place.

Someone else using the same setup may like a warm vape but may like to have a quick, sharp blast to get a lung full- at which point those watts are going to need to be more.

All catering for different styles. But just because you've got X amount of wattage doesn't mean you have to use it all. My car does 140, but I don't drive 140 everywhere....[emoji6]

Most high power mods (200w plus) use double or triple 18650 cells which means longer run time unless you are a tfv8 owner and run it at 150 watts lol.
I mostly drip at around 70-80 watts so a single 18650 set up wouldnt really work.

I vape at 15w still, tried lots of stuff and got to say don't understand the high watts thing, though guess it's just a different vape and experience with different juices. Have tried up to 60w and still don't get it particularly, though I do MTL. I get that it works for lots of people, but I have a real issue with all the stuff targeted at new vapers, starter kits with 0.2ohm coils suggested 30-50w Etc. No need for newbies imo. I say to anyone start low and then work out what works for you. For a long time I assumed high watts produced amazing flavour or something, but it's not the case really (at least not all the time).

Edit - also low watts gives you a stealthier vape and a long lasting battery :)

I vape at 15w still, tried lots of stuff and got to say don't understand the high watts thing, though guess it's just a different vape and experience with different juices. Have tried up to 60w and still don't get it particularly, though I do MTL. I get that it works for lots of people, but I have a real issue with all the stuff targeted at new vapers, starter kits with 0.2ohm coils suggested 30-50w Etc. No need for newbies imo. I say to anyone start low and then work out what works for you. For a long time I assumed high watts produced amazing flavour or something, but it's not the case really (at least not all the time).

Edit - also low watts gives you a stealthier vape and a long lasting battery :)
15w! You're hardcore :D you beat me by a couple of watts, lol! 1.4 at 13-14w is my sweet spot and gives great flavour for my style. Like you, I've tried bigger builds and higher watts but it just doesn't do it for me personally

15w! You're hardcore :D you beat me by a couple of watts, lol! 1.4 at 13-14w is my sweet spot and gives great flavour for my style. Like you, I've tried bigger builds and higher watts but it just doesn't do it for me personally
__________________________________________________________________________________________

I very often use my iTaste 134 and iTaste 134 Mini devices. (Not just because they are looks good.) Their maximum power is 12.5 Watts.
After the "experimental" period I found the best wire material, wire diameter and cotton to enjoy vaping with them. I like to experiment.

My 2 peneth is 1st the 300 watts, i know the Koopor primus will output 300 watts maybe not throughout the battery charge but it has been tested and does what it says.
Higher wattage mods can offer the user a bigger variation on how they use ie you could use it at 15 watts and the batteries last for days, you could then fancy a bit of fun and use more wattage and lower builds without having to buy another mod. Juices offer different flavour profiles, lets use Pancake man for this, at lower wattage i find the strawberry part doesn't come through, go above 60 watts and it then comes through more.
At the end of the whole discussion the answer lies in one thing and that's the users preferance, Ok you got the Chavesque or hipsters as they are now calling themselves who just want to show off, then you have the vapers who seriously like to alter their vape styles, maybe use low wattage high ohm's while at work then after tea sit in front of the tv trying to prevent the Mrs from seeing coronation strause by filling the room with fluffy white clouds. Then theres the hot vape vs a cooler vape again an individual choice.
Mentioning wattage you also forget there are many who only use a mechanical mod and that also involves setting up to their preference either a low build for cloud chasing or a high ohm for mtl.
I use mainly tc so set up at around 40 watts and 240 celcius and then alter it to get more flavour or whatever i fancy and yes i have a few 200 plus wattage devices, a few mechs and a few 80 watt down to 50 watt devices and use them all in rotation as well as the various tanks and drippers all with their own builds or stock coils to suit what i want at the time i want it as well as the juice flavour i am using., and then i return to my prefered tc 40w 240 celcius as a go to.

Back
Top Bottom