What's new

Trying to get my head around this

vapingscottie

Initiate
Sorry if this has been heard time and time again, but we all have to start somewhere ;) .... Ive been vaping a few years now, and only in the past 6 months I've been building my own coils but nothing fancy.
Ive set my heart on getting a Rogue styled mod from knuckleheads, but I'm nervous. Until i can get my head around a few things, i won't hit the buy now button!
I know my Ohms law etc, but this is what is confusing me....
Lets say i use my Samsung 25r that has a continuous discharge current of 20A. So to be on the safe side, i enter into my calculations 18a. This gives me a resistance of 0.2 (if incorrect please say) ... duel coil at 0.1.
What is confusing the hell out of me is ... The guy in the knuckleheads video has a dual coil set up using 20 gauge wire with 4 wraps at 0.07 ?? He is also using the 25r 18650 battery. Is this safe or would i be pushing my luck going that low?

Initially if your using a mech stay at 0.2 and over to be safe with a 20amp cell...

Remember that the resistance is halved with a dual coil.. so 2 coils at 0.4ohm each will give you 0.2ohm total resistance...
Wouldnt really follow the guy on knuklehead at 0.07ohms as its pushing the boundaries , not sure about knucklehead but his knuckles probably drag on the floor when he walks..

Last edited:
Initially if your using a mech stay at 0.2 and over to be safe with a 20amp cell...

Remember that the resistance is halved with a dual coil.. so 2 coils at 0.4ohm each will give you 0.2ohm total resistance...
Wouldnt really follow the guy on knuklehead at 0.07ohms as its pushing the boundaries , his knuckles probably drag on the floor when he walks..
Thanks for the heads up, scared the hell out of me seeing his set up at 0.07 ... will click buy now and stay at duel coil .2 :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom