What's new

POLL How long did it take you to stop smoking?

How long did it take you to stop smoking?

• 1 Day

Votes: 186 48.7%
  • 1 Week

Votes: 61 16.0%
  • 1 Month

Votes: 43 11.3%
  • 3 Months

Votes: 19 5.0%
  • 6 Months or longer

Votes: 43 11.3%
  • I still dual fuel

Votes: 30 7.9%

• Total voters
i still smoke between 2 and 4 a day depending how my day goes but im happy with that, still saving a lot of money from 25 a day and that was my main aim. not saying i wont stop fully at some point though.

Honestly, about a year, I had a couple of the pen type kits and drifted from them back to smoking, only when I bought my first "proper mod" and sub ohm tank did I stop. If you count from the day I bought a proper set up then 1 day. Smoked one day, vaped the next and never went back...

I stopped immediately, from 40 a day using 24mg - then over 18 months dropped down to 0mg - that was over 4 years ago!

Instantly for me, after 40 years hardcore unfiltered rollups never thought it would happen. Nearly caved in once due to technical issues with device, but in that 14 weeks have dropped nic down to 3mg from 15, & have no intention of dropping anymore. TPD won't stop me either.

I picked out a day when I was off work, had all my supplies in (juice, batteries, chargers, spare coils) and got up, lit a cigarette took two puffs and put it out in the ashtray - then I started vaping - after a while I realised I'd almost reached lunchtime without returning to the cigarette, so I went out to the garden and lit it again - and after one puff stubbed it out. That was it for me, after smoking since about 1970 I finally had managed to quit. I haven't been tempted to go back since, even though I kept the pack with 19 still in it on the shelf. I consider myself one of the lucky ones, even though I'd already become a COPD sufferer, it has made a huge difference to my life and if I had to, I know I'd now be able to give up vaping.

I said 1 week. I got my first ego pen and went cold turkey on the sticks once I got it. Lasted a couple of days as old temptation was still in my glove box. Binned the car/house stash that night. Became a grumpy cunt for the rest of the week and was eventually happier by the weekend. Managed a night out with my "wee gay pen" as my mates all called it and avoided temptation of the offer of a cigarette. The next day I felt a lot better than I would have if I was still smoking. Still a hangover but not coughing up a lung definitely helped. Decided then that I was not giving up vaping, and the rest is history blah blah blah. Cant stand the smell of cigs now......but I now constantly reek of custard!:14:

Back
Top Bottom