What's new

Stopped breathing after my first vape, need help!!

In cases like these I think you should refer to your GP. Find out if you have an allergy to PG or nicotine. It's unlikely you're allergic to VG since you were using a very low percentage of it. I think it's likely the PG and nicotine content were too high, maybe you vaped too much to soon and your body didn't know how to deal with it. I'm no doctor though, best to check with your GP

I was also thinking it may be worth a chat with a GP, but some GPs are pretty clueless about vaping and will be loathe to advise anything useful simply because they don't have the experience or knowledge to do so. I just saw my GP last week and she ended up asking me for vaping advice to help her quit her 10 a day habit...and I've only been vaping myself for a couple of months, I'm no expert! I deffo think the OP should try a lower PG/nic juice just to see if it smooths out that urge to cough but also worried about the severity of the reaction just in case something else is going on :(

i started on blu liquid which is 100%PG and sure has a massive throat hit with 18mg
i then dropped to 50/50 mix and it was a lot smoother even still at 18mg. its just trial and error finding whats right for you.
as said some people have a reaction with PG so youve got to find out if you could be allergic to that.

i would highly recommend trying some Manabush backy infused with fruit flavors as they have a massive following on the forum. my go to at the moment is pow wow and coyote coconut. they are mixed 50/50 and better at lower wattage. im quite happy now on 3mg but i have given up for 18 months now.
you can find their link here in my first post https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...-trusted-e-liquid-suppliers.78467/#post858319

Like @yappycat I'm a little nervous of encouraging you to carry on because your reaction osunds so extreme, but in general I do think that a 50/50 mix should be a lot less likely to irritate and cause coughing. I was a 30 a day smoker for 30 odd years, and when I first started vaping I did find that it made me cough for the first couple of weeks - my OH found the same and it put him off, so he never got past that stage. The first vape of the day still makes me cough sometimes, but that soon passes. I started on 18mg but have now dropped to 12mg - anything less and I find I lose the throat hit. I'm a MTL (mouth to lung) vaper at low wattages and I tend to prefer 50/50 mixes.

It's worth persevering and trying to get to the bottom of this to enable you to cut out the cigarettes - vaping is so much better for you, and when you find the right combination it's a really pleasurable alternative to smoking. As has been said, it would be worth finding a shop that will allow you to try a few flavours, set ups and strengths to help you work out what might suit you. Good luck. :)

Here is my 2p worth. @gino
http://www.jacvapour.com/new-user-jac-510-manual-400mah-e-cigarette-starter-kit
Had a look at the kit you bought i think it could be this?
If that is the case i wish you had registered here before you bought this, as we would have been able to recommend you a lot better kit at a lot cheaper price. I know most dont register here though until they encounter problems.
If the kit i linked is the one you bought it seems that is is the old style pro tanks and ego batteries, vaping has moved on a lot since the days of these i tried stopping on these years ago a few times and never succeeded as i had the same issues as you 18mg PG heavy juice gagging me very drag.
If i were you i would try a nice 50/50 mix juice as stated above and see if it any better (dont know if the kit linked above is your kit, but if it is i dont know if it would wick 50/50 juice) but you could try.
If it fails and you still wish to carry on vaping maybe look into getting a newer bit of kit.

You could go for a Aspire Premium kit from @vape inc here using discount code POTV15 for a price of £21.25 delivered

https://www.vapeinc.com/collections/aspire/products/aspire-nautilus-premium-kit

This kit contains 5 extra coils and a Nautilus mini which a lot say is the best stock coil flavor tank on the market.

OR a t18 / t22 Innokin Endura kit (t22 better battery life) for around £15 - £20

https://www.amazon.co.uk/INNOKIN-Bl...it?ie=UTF8&qid=1471797983&sr=8-1&keywords=t18

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Innokin-En...it?ie=UTF8&qid=1471798069&sr=8-1&keywords=t22

Then if you want tobacco flavored juice you could try @manabush very highly thought of on here for tobacco lovers

http://www.manabush.com/

Or for a cheap option you could try Li-Quid their 12mg juice is of 50/50 blend loads of flavors to try though for not a lot of money :)

http://www.onepoundeliquid.com/one-pound-tobacco-e-liquid.html

Really sorry for the long post and hope this helps.
Welcome to the forum and good luck at giving up smoking.

I can only agree that the reaction sounds unusual, not sure if it's an allergic reaction, a high Nicotine hit reaction, or what.... It's certainly unusual. Do you have any underlying health issues that might predispose yourself to such a reaction?
Be careful.
Try a 50/50 ratio juice.
Low power, high Ohms.
I hope that you get to the root of the problem because you are definitely right to move away from cigarettes, and vaping is generally far safer, in the long run.
Good luck.

Thanks for the mention @smokinjuice - just to add another bit (and in no way a sales pitch), our Diamond Mist Liquid is also 50/50 and UK made and it's pretty reasonably priced. These guys are spot on though. Protanks are old tech - about 3 years old now. People do have reactions to high PG juices and high nic juices sometimes, so may be worth looking into a 50/50 juice and maybe even drop the nic level and see how you get on.

Hello everyone. I am a 20 a day smoker who has smoked for 25 years and after suffering from a recent cough, sore throat I decided to quit.

I opted to buy the Vapouriser starter kit from JacVapour and opted for the 18mg real tobacco lite e liquid. When my kit arrived I followed the instructions and made sure I did everything right. I began my first vape by slowly drawing on the e eig and holding the vapour in my mouth before inhaling (did some research) and OMG what a reaction. I had a severe coughing fit which lasted that long I was unable to breathe and as a result everything went black and I nearly passed out. I contacted JacVapour who kindly sent me another tank and coils and yet I still get the same result.

I am determined to give up smoking and shall buy some different e liquid but this is where I need your help. Should I buy more e liquid from Jacvapour but opt for 6 or 11mg nicotine strength. The other option is E cig wizard which has a PG/VG ratio of 50/50 and buy 18mg strength nicotine.

The reason I am asking is im struggling to find out if my unpleasant experience was due to Jacvapour e liquid being 80PG/20VG ratio or 18mg nicotine strength or both of these. If you desire less throat hit should you opt for a lower PG ratio or lower nicotine strength or both and which of these is more responsible for the throat hit?

I would really appreciate your help because I just wish to inhale my vape without blowing my head off.

How have you got on with this???

Back
Top Bottom