What's new

aspire cleito coil rebuild

Just tried this rebuild with 26/32 Clapton, came in at 0.7 by binning 1 wrap but every time (tried it 3 times) got a nasty 'burnt' taste almost straight away, when I pulled it apart cotton was soaked & looked OK, is this something to do with not pre burning the wire maybe ?

I sometimes get that taste on coils when making them on dripper. Some wire can have residue or dirt ive found.

Good tutorial!

I'd very much like to try this but will need to rebuild a 0.27 ohm coil as I have an Aspire K4 which doesn't agree with the 0.2 and 0.4 ohm Cleito coils. I'm an absolute beginner at this - am I being over ambitious and unrealistic about being able to do this safely and to a reasonable standard? I messed about with a coil wrapping calculator http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp?r=0.27&awg=24&id=1.2 and see that 22g wire would require 7 wraps and 24g wire would require 5 wraps but that's only when I set the inner diameter of the coil variable to 1.2mm (or roundabouts) and I'm not sure what diameter the coil is inside the stock coil, I've not taken one out yet to measure it but I do know that the stock coils are 5 wraps.
Sorry for being such a noob but everyone has to start somewhere :) I'm very new to vaping and all the bells and whistles that it can involve so if you guys honestly think I should just keep buying my coils rather than possibly risk whatever happens when you badly mess up making your own then I'll just keep buying them new until I've got more understanding of this rebuilding shizz :)

The way
I burn through Cleito coils, I will Definately be giving this a try! :2thumbsup:

Loving the vid.

Do you think the same rules apply if I try doing this to the 120 version.

I've already given it a couple of go's but cotton keeps moving as I have to push it all in from the bottom and not pull it down from the top.

Do you think I'm wasting my time?

Cheers

WTF. Hold the phone.

I'm I right in thinking that goes in to my original tank and I just fill it with juice all the way to the top and it wont flood the coils
In theory yes - it's basically a rebuildable part into which you fit your own homemade or prebuilt coil, add the cotton wick, screw it all back together and use it in place of a stock coil. It takes up more room in the tank so you won't be able to fill it up with as much juice as you usually would. You can buy fatter glass for the orig Cleito which gives you more juice room when you use the RTA for that but I dunno if it will fit the 120...I have a pic somewhere...gimme a sec..found it :D

Edit - just thought I dunno if it would take up loads more room than a 120 stock coil as they're much fatter than the orig Cleito stock coil aren't they? There's bound to be someone bringing a review of it to youtube soonish I'd bet :)

Attachments

• WP_20160907_14_44_50_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160907_14_44_50_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Just waiting on my 5ml glass and rta to arrive for my cleito, will let you know how it goes

Just waiting on my 5ml glass and rta to arrive for my cleito, will let you know how it goes

Mine came with coils preinstalled in the deck (I think they come out at about 0.4ohms) so if you're good to go with those then at first all you need to worry about is wicking. I just watched a bunch of youtube vids and I nailed it on my second attempt - well I say 'nailed' but what I prob mean is 'it worked adequately' lol I'm still using the coils that came in the deck, before I rewick I just glow them hot and then stop firing and quench them under cold water (carefully ofc!) and that gets any crap off em and gets em looking all new again and ready for more cotton :)

Back
Top Bottom