What's new

Alcohol tests and vaping

Is this the story about the guy in Ireland? If so I laughed when I read it, the guy was about double the drink driving limit and swears he never had a single drink - either he was vaping something pretty stupid or he's a liar, whichever the scenario I think he's got it coming to him. The judge who is hearing the case sounds like no fool and is a vaper himself he made a few comments that make me believe that he was highly sceptical about the guys line of defence. I call BS on the guys excuse and can't wait to see how it turns out. I don't think you have much to worry about if you're vaping sensibly - just avoid juices that contain anything vaguely alcoholic if you're that worried :)

The story did crack me up! :D I never thought it would put me anywhere near the drink drive limit just if it ever left a trace big enough to be found on a D & A test.

I can understand the OP's concerns. Some employers go beyond what a reasonable person would call "fanatical". I work in the oil industry and several years ago I worked for a USA company that became so fanatically fundamentalist about alcohol that our mouthwash was checked to make sure it was alcohol-free. I got a verbal warning for having some Guinness bar towels and beer mats in my cabin as these were "alcohol-related paraphernalia" and could show that I was in some way "alcohol dependent". The same company made me take a D&A test while I was home on leave despite the fact that I could, if I wished, be pissed as a newt every day. As I had to drive 30 miles to take the test I was hardly likely to risk losing my driving licence and my job by driving there drunk!

Wow that is very over the top!

I can understand the OP's concerns. Some employers go beyond what a reasonable person would call "fanatical". I work in the oil industry and several years ago I worked for a USA company that became so fanatically fundamentalist about alcohol that our mouthwash was checked to make sure it was alcohol-free. I got a verbal warning for having some Guinness bar towels and beer mats in my cabin as these were "alcohol-related paraphernalia" and could show that I was in some way "alcohol dependent". The same company made me take a D&A test while I was home on leave despite the fact that I could, if I wished, be pissed as a newt every day. As I had to drive 30 miles to take the test I was hardly likely to risk losing my driving licence and my job by driving there drunk!
That's a bit rich! One of our guys came into the office/yard on his day off and got hit with a random.
As far as I remember he refused to do it on the grounds that although he was on work property, as he wasn't being paid, he wasn't AT work.

The story did crack me up! :D I never thought it would put me anywhere near the drink drive limit just if it ever left a trace big enough to be found on a D & A test.

Hehe it is funny but the reason I mentioned it is because apparently a 'scientist' has been drafted in to test the guys claim so it might be worth following this story to see what the findings were. I don't recall if this scientist is truly independent or has been drafted in by the defence team so his findings may well be suspect and of no value to vapers with genuine concerns about the ability of vaping to cause a positive result on a d&a test. I'm not sure whether any separate truly independent studies have been done as yet, the anecdotal evidence of people on this forum does suggest that vaping won't affect a d&a but I do understand your concerns :)

Haha I know that some Liquids have ethanol or acohol in them and I just need to know if it will register a trace big enough to come up on a drugs test! Would be a laugh if you could get drunk off a vape tho!
Hey bro where do you get the juice that will get you drunk vaping it. I want some ROFL[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Cheers mate, with regards to the story it was obviously someone trying it on, just didn't know if vaping would ever leave a trace of alcohol large enough to read on a D & A test!

Thanks mate feel a lot less paranoid now!
Look at it this way what is the temp before alcohol evaporates?

Its potency would have evaporated before it even got into your mouth. It would be an interesting experiment to put a vape with alcohol thined juice on a breathalizer and see what the reading would be.

Back
Top Bottom