What's new

driving and vaping

Sounds like a very dodgy mechanic. As everyone before me has said it's vg residue leaving the window slightly open will help.

I own a vehicle detail business and it's something I've come across. Like others have said its VG residue on your screen and opening a window a smidgen will help. You can also using Rain-X Anti-Fog to help reduce it even further (and in winter your screen won't fog up either). As for your aircon breaking. I doubt it will break your aircon but the VG residue could clog your cabin filter if you don't change it regularly (and never believe a garage if they say they've changed it on a service, I've never found one that actually does but they all charge for it).

I own a vehicle detail business and it's something I've come across. Like others have said its VG residue on your screen and opening a window a smidgen will help. You can also using Rain-X Anti-Fog to help reduce it even further (and in winter your screen won't fog up either). As for your aircon breaking. I doubt it will break your aircon but the VG residue could clog your cabin filter if you don't change it regularly (and never believe a garage if they say they've changed it on a service, I've never found one that actually does but they all charge for it).
Yep, what Tommy says. My detailer tells me the same (but I don't vape in the car unless I'm stationary with all windows open). But of course you all change your filters regularly don't you ... ?

Hahaha . Im a mechainc, now I've heard it all now regarding AC. It's probably leak somewhere or needs a regas

Bloody hell - over the years, being female and blonde, I've had a few mechanics try to give me bollocks like that, but that one really is a doozie! :D

As has been said, just open the window a crack and most of it will get sucked out.

What do you mean by "cabin filter" ? Are you referring to the pollen filter ? My mate does my truck because he owns a garage and they are usually in a pita place so yes, I agree with you, a lot of garages don't bother but still charge you for them.

What do you mean by "cabin filter" ? Are you referring to the pollen filter ? My mate does my truck because he owns a garage and they are usually in a pita place so yes, I agree with you, a lot of garages don't bother but still charge you for them.
You may have two or even three filters for your AC/CC. You're right, ones inside the "cabin" are sometimes hard to get at, ones under the bonnet can be a doddle to change. Filters are usually cheap so check your manual and see if you can manage to change them yourself. They do get crappy and not from vaping.

All the filters are a pig on my Alfa. The easiest way to change the air filter is to take the front bumper off and remove the entire airbox!

All the filters are a pig on my Alfa. The easiest way to change the air filter is to take the front bumper off and remove the entire airbox!
And people used to joke about changing car when ashtray full [emoji45] [emoji23]

thanks for the reply. ended up it's the compressor that broke down and I believe it to be old age (6 year old car) and not vaping. [emoji1]

as for the windscreen, it was to confirm my suspicious that vaping in my car causes that. been using wet wipes to clean it and it works fine.

Back
Top Bottom