What's new

August 2016 Vendor of the month:

Who is your Vendor of the month for August 2016

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any particular reason why voting for the August vendor of the month closes before August has finished?

as far as i can remember over a year ago when it was done regularly it was drawn and closed before the month ended so the actual winner won in the month they were voted for.
handed the reigns back to mrteatime now as i was only covering while he was on holiday.

Is there any particular reason why voting for the August vendor of the month closes before August has finished?

As @MrDJ said, he was standing in for @MrTeaTime who has just come back to the fold and may decide to give September a miss? Well, we have Aug Bank Hol upon us now and next week to get ready for the BIG RAFFLE! so September might not be appropriate to vote for vendors, after all the dust has settled maybe ... down to the VOTM boss.

As @MrDJ said, he was standing in for @MrTeaTime who has just come back to the fold and may decide to give September a miss? Well, we have Aug Bank Hol upon us now and next week to get ready for the BIG RAFFLE! so September might not be appropriate to vote for vendors, after all the dust has settled maybe ... down to the VOTM boss.
i still think we should run it. although i am concerned that people dont seem to be interested in voting....for a vendor to win with such a small turnout is frankly a little poo.....

i do get that it needs tweaking, but how im not so sure.....i agree to a certain extent that maybe we need to allow ALL vendors (even of theyve won already) to be entered, but i also get that some people will shout "fix" if the same few vendors win it, and theres nothing more that will wind me up if someone levelled that at me.....I'll see what Hedley '@junglist and @OccultScientist say as its not my decision to make....but im happy to run with whatever they have to say as i personally think its a very prestigious competition to win.....i mean...what vendor wouldnt want the POTV winning logo on there site? :D

Was concerned also (for all nominees) about the low turnout. The offer by mods to cast votes for apes only on mobile app could be advertised more?
Perhaps Sept vote should wait until after the Raffle though, everything will get sidelined by that. Have you seen the prizes?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom