What's new

second hand vaping

dowsett

Postman
Recently i have been trying new liquids and some new gear out. It produces quite a lot of cloud - nothing like these sub ohm cloud chasers, but still very noticable when sat at home chain vaping.

Anwyay, after this one liquid which was quite heavy i got phlem stuck in my throat and when i was in bed i had to keep coughing to clear it. Didnt think anything of it.

Next day im vaping again and my daughter thinks its a good idea to keep wafting the clouds, like running in to it etc. She developed a bad cough so i was wondering if vape clouds could of caused this? Maybe just a coincidence?

Whats peoples views on second hand vaping? When i first started vaping the ego pen style ones, there wasnt that much cloud and was told the vapour was just actually vapour like you'd get from boiling a kettle. Surely if it has nicotine in it there must be something more to it.......

If it was nicotine it wouldn't be a cough, it'd be more akin to nicotine overdose, so prob coincidence.
Vg is used as a primary in cough medicine...
So unlikely.

its a grey area.
it is banned in cars with children in just like smoking is but then vape has been proved to be 95% safer so is this just a precaution as they don't know the long term affect or just another nail in the coffin to try and force people back to smoking.
only time will tell.

its a grey area.
it is banned in cars with children in just like smoking is but then vape has been proved to be 95% safer so is this just a precaution as they don't know the long term affect or just another nail in the coffin to try and force people back to smoking.
only time will tell.

Didnt know vaping had been banned in cars with kids in. Thought it was just smoking...

I thought it had. could be wrong then as got no kids as far as I know so never really looked into it.

sure I read it on here though as the talk was how the heck will they police it as normally you cant see small kids through the windows unless you are right next to the cars looking in.

I never used to smoke in the car when they were in it anyway, when i smoked.

I do vape in the car whilst theyre in it but until now i didnt have any second thoughts.

I never used to smoke in the car when they were in it anyway, when i smoked.

I do vape in the car whilst theyre in it but until now i didnt have any second thoughts.

check this out mate it has a section about 2nd hand vapour etc..... Defo worth a watch.

I have no doubt that secondhand vape is less harmful than tobacco smoke but the problem is that it's loads more visible. Since I started vaping my OH keeps doing his nut about the amount of cloud in the house (unfortunately he says he doesn't like the smell either) and tbh if I forget myself and chain vape indoors then the cloud is obnoxiously visible and not confined to the room I'm in either. Ironically I feel obliged go outside to chainvape but never felt a similar obligation when I smoked rollies. Dunno about the law and vaping in cars etc but I know that I would never vape in a car - I can fill a room with vapeclouds in minutes so doing it in a car would be crazy. There's a sign on the door of my local pharmacy that claims that 80% of cigarette smoke is invisible, I guess vapour is more visible precisely because it's vapour not smoke and water molecules are larger than the combusted chemical molecules which make up tobacco smoke. Sadly ciggy smoke is most probably 80% or more harmful then vapour...yet I end up outdoors to vape when previously I could smoke stinkies all day indoors without a word said :( I guess I'll have to find something pretty cloudless to vape on when winter comes around ;)

I have no doubt that secondhand vape is less harmful than tobacco smoke but the problem is that it's loads more visible. Since I started vaping my OH keeps doing his nut about the amount of cloud in the house (unfortunately he says he doesn't like the smell either) and tbh if I forget myself and chain vape indoors then the cloud is obnoxiously visible and not confined to the room I'm in either. Ironically I feel obliged go outside to chainvape but never felt a similar obligation when I smoked rollies. Dunno about the law and vaping in cars etc but I know that I would never vape in a car - I can fill a room with vapeclouds in minutes so doing it in a car would be crazy. There's a sign on the door of my local pharmacy that claims that 80% of cigarette smoke is invisible, I guess vapour is more visible precisely because it's vapour not smoke and water molecules are larger than the combusted chemical molecules which make up tobacco smoke. Sadly ciggy smoke is most probably 80% or more harmful then vapour...yet I end up outdoors to vape when previously I could smoke stinkies all day indoors without a word said :( I guess I'll have to find something pretty cloudless to vape on when winter comes around ;)
Im sure ive seen somewhere that Jac vapour do a cloudless juice might be worth a try.

http://www.jacvapour.com/e-liquid/uk-made-clear-steam

Im sure ive seen somewhere that Jac vapour do a cloudless juice might be worth a try.

http://www.jacvapour.com/e-liquid/uk-made-clear-steam

Thanks I'll check them out...might just save me from freezing when the weather turns cold again :) I'm 20 minutes into that Horizon programme you posted, very interesting - I'm a bit disappointed that the experiment to see how vaping affects a healthy nonsmoker involves an tailormade vaping 'schedule' for the subject which seems hellbent on getting him hooked on nicotine. I've never come across a vaper who was intent on increasing their nic intake, usually it's the opposite. Haven't watched the whole thing yet so I'll reserve judgement on their methods til the end :)

Back
Top Bottom