What's new

Review Aspire Cleito - Reviewed already but I thought I'd add my review

andre forest

Postman
So this is my first time reviewing anything, but I've written a review of the Aspire Cleito for an online blog and I thought I'd post my review here to see what you guys think. I know this tank's been reviewed many times before but here's my take on it.

A compact tank from Aspire with an all new coil design
Aspire are well known in the world of ecigs for their brilliantly performing devices, from the King of mouth-to-lung Nautilus series, to the enormous Atlantis Mega sub ohm tank. They’ve made a name for themselves over the last few years for making quality devices that are reasonably priced and perform well. One of the latest of these devices is called the Cleito, and it’s a fantastic little sub ohm tank that has quickly gained traction in the vaping community. Made of stainless steel and pyrex glass, with a delrin drip tip and a 3.5ml capacity, it’s available in stainless steel or black. On both versions the drip tip is black.

I have to admit at first I was skeptical. I’ve had a Uwell Crown for months, and like a lot of other vapers, I thought it was the undisputed champion of flavor. So when a friend tells me the Cleito is as good as or maybe even better than the Crown – well, I couldn’t take that on faith and I had to find out. So it was off to my local brick and mortar vaping store to pick one up and start vaping!

Unboxing and first impressions
The Cleito comes in a fairly standard clear plastic box, with foam inserts keeping everything in place. It comes with two coils, one pre-installed in the tank and one spare. At the time of writing there are a number of coils available from Aspire: two Kanthal Clapton coils that come with it in the box, coming in at 0.2 and 0.4 ohms, and a Stainless Steel coil at 0.4 ohms which is sold separately. There is also an RBA section available, but this also requires an alternative glass tube to fit. For this review we will be looking at the two Kanthal coils that come with the tank.

The box also contains a spare glass section, and although to date I’ve never needed to replace the glass on a tank I always think this is a nice inclusion. I’ve known a few people who have cracked or smashed the glass on a tank, and it’s always good to know you won’t have to buy a whole new tank as long as the rest of the parts managed to avoid damage. Along the lines of protection there is also a vape band included, bright orange with the black tank that I have, and some rubber cuffs of varying colours to put over the top of the tank to protect your lips when it gets hot. I chose the orange cuff to match the band.

Now on to the tank itself – build quality is good, particularly given the low price tag. It feels decently solid despite being very light. I love my crown, but it is a big and heavy tank and feels very top heavy on some mods, whereas the Cleito is much shorter and lighter. It’s made of stainless steel and pyrex glass, with a delrin drip tip to prevent it getting hot at higher wattages. The airflow ring has three cyclops holes and moves smoothly, rotating a full 360° freely. I personally prefer the airflow control to click, or at least stop when fully open to prevent it being moved when handled, but after using this tank for a while it’s not so loose that it moves when you don’t want it to. I set it wide open and left it there and it hasn’t moved despite being in and out of my pocket and bag.

The coil itself is the chimney in this tank. It’s a concept I’ve not come across before, and contributes to the tank’s diminutive size, and the broad chimney helps with this tank’s performance by reducing restriction to the draw. The coil screws into the base of the tank, and then the top cap screws directly onto the coil with only O-rings as the point of contact to the rest of the tank. This does mean that without the coil in the tank doesn’t stay together at all, and also means you have to drain the tank fully in order to change the coil. But be honest, how many times have you changed a coil half way through a tank? No? Me neither. So not really a problem there then.

Enough about the way this thing looks. How does it vape? I’ve screwed it onto an Innokin Coolfire IV+ to find out, and just before I go on to performance, I have to say this tank pairs brilliantly with this mod. The size and weight of the tank compliments the mod to make a perfectly pocket size setup with the right power for these coils.

Down to business, the vaping itself
The juice holes on the coil are massive. Looking down into the coil itself, the actual coil and cotton seem much taller than any coil I’ve used before, giving lots of area for the eliquid to vaporize. The tank is top fill only, so I filled it up with a banana and peanut butter eliquid at 3mg nicotine, left it to prime for a while and then fired it up. The first thing I noticed is the airflow is massive on this thing when wide open, among the largest draws of any tank I’ve used. This leads to sizeable clouds, especially for such a small tank. Shutting the airflow off does make the tank whistle a bit though, so I wouldn’t recommend this for those who prefer a tighter draw - mostly open or wide open is definitely where this tank shines. Using the 0.4 ohm coil at 50 watts, the vapour is a nice warm temperature without getting too hot on long draws and flavour is astounding. The overall vape is slightly different to the Uwell Crown, definitely airier, and while flavour is strong and delicious, I do think the crown has a slightly cleaner taste to it. Don’t take that as a negative though, I actually think the flavour is stronger on the Cleito, particularly on the inhale. Depending on the liquid, I’ve noticed that the Cleito seems to present a slightly different flavour on the inhale to the exhale. For example with this banana and peanut butter liquid I’m vaping now, the inhale definitely presents more banana notes while the exhale is full of that creamy peanut butter.

Switching to the 0.2 ohm coil after draining and cleaning the tank, this time I’m vaping a skittles flavour at 6mg nicotine. I should note that I always vape a 70VG/30PG blend, as I find higher VG doesn’t carry flavour as well and lower has a harsher throat hit. Pushing the wattage up to 60 to drive the lower resistance coils, it’s time to start vaping again.

This liquid is a very fruity and much crisper vape, and those flavours come through brilliantly on the Cleito, tangy and sweet. The lower resistance and higher nicotine does make for a harsher vape though, and those who don’t like a strong throat hit should probably stay below 4mg on these coils. Also, I wouldn’t recommend vaping on the 0.2 coils without the little rubber cap, because the metal top can get quite hot and while I doubt it will burn your lips it isn’t a pleasant feeling. The delrin drip tip does a great job of insulating, and with the little chuff on it’s much nicer than hot metal on the lips.

I’d say the 0.2 ohm coil favours cloud chasers, and this tank has plenty of airflow for those who want to turn into a human fog machine. For me however, the flavour and cooler vape of the 0.4 coil was preferable, while still allowing for decent sized clouds. Those enormous juice holes on the coils mean wicking is superb, and I’ve never had a dry hit even when chain vaping to practice blowing O’s or on long draws.

Conclusion and Summary
Well, I set out to satisfy my curiosity about this tank to see if it was as good as they say. I’ve spent a few weeks with it now, and can say I’ve found my new out and about tank. I still love the Uwell Crown, but it’s large size and requirements for a bit more power means I tend to use this one at home on a Wismec RX200. The Cleito paired with the CoolFire IV+ however is an ideal pocket size to take with me anywhere, with the Innokin mod providing great battery life and just the right amount of power this tank needs to really shine. Aspire have managed to create a tank that can satisfy both flavour chasers and cloud chasers alike with a little bit of tweaking to suit each camp. Flavour chaser? Get the 0.4 ohm coils, fire at 45-55 watts and close the airflow off just slightly and you’ll get dense, flavourful vapes with a fantastic flavour palate to bring out all the subtle notes of your eliquid. Cloud chaser? Go for the 0.2 ohm coils, raise the wattage a little to 60-65, open that airflow all the way and blow plumes to your heart’s content.

This tank is well made and fantastically priced, a great size and lightweight to boot. Add to that the reasonable price for replacement coils and their impressively long lifespan, and Aspire is on to a winner that I can see finding a place in many vapers’ collections.

Thanks guys, hopefully I'll soon be reviewing regularly for an online vape store that also runs a blog, so I'll be reviewing much more regularly. Also thought about doing youtube reviews, but as there's so many already I don't know what I could add to the range.

Does anyone know if there are any rules in this forum regarding posting links to reviews on other sites? For example the one I just posted? It just occurred to me this might be frowned upon :/
Plus, if I'm going to be doing regular reviews for this vape store, it would be great to direct some more traffic to them, but again this might be frowned upon :(

Back
Top Bottom