What's new

SXK Kayfun 5 replica

Just a bit of an update.
My kayfun 5 clone came today so I cleaned it and set about trying to make my first ever coil. I was aiming for between 1.2 and 1.8 ohm so did 8 wraps of 28 gauge kanthal wire round a 2.5 pin and my first attempt came out at 1.5 ohms. I guessed at the amount of cotton to use and gave it a try.
Well fuck me ! Spot on :D I was expecting at least half a dozen goes before I got it right so was well chuffed.

Thanks to @davrog for his advice.

Just a bit of an update.
My kayfun 5 clone came today so I cleaned it and set about trying to make my first ever coil. I was aiming for between 1.2 and 1.8 ohm so did 8 wraps of 28 gauge kanthal wire round a 2.5 pin and my first attempt came out at 1.5 ohms. I guessed at the amount of cotton to use and gave it a try.
Well fuck me ! Spot on :D I was expecting at least half a dozen goes before I got it right so was well chuffed.

Thanks to @davrog for his advice.

You're a natural! In all seriousness though, some people do just get it straight away and others have to work on it. :) I was spot on with my coiling, from the beginning, but always struggled (and still do, with some RTAs) to get the wicking right.

@davrog I'm pretty happy so far. If I chain vape to much I get the odd dry hit so not sure whether that means I need to increase the wick size or just adjust it. I suppose a bit of playing with it is needed.

@davrog I'm pretty happy so far. If I chain vape to much I get the odd dry hit so not sure whether that means I need to increase the wick size or just adjust it. I suppose a bit of playing with it is needed.

Dry hits = too muck wick

Flooding / gurgling = not enough wick.

........but as the KayFun 5 has juice flow control, this may just need adjusting. You just twist the tank on it's base; anti-clockwise to increase juice flow, and clockwise to decrease it. Careful though, go too far anti-clockwise and the tank will come off! :)

Dry hits = too muck wick

Flooding / gurgling = not enough wick.

........but as the KayFun 5 has juice flow control, this may just need adjusting. You just twist the tank on it's base; anti-clockwise to increase juice flow, and clockwise to decrease it. Careful though, go too far anti-clockwise and the tank will come off! :)
I read a review on the juice control and they recommended 1 1/2 turns for 50/50 mix and 2 turns for 70 vg. Does that sound about right ?
I'll put a slightly smaller wick in next time to try. Perhaps I over did it first try because I figured that more cotton would pull more juice in !

Back
Top Bottom