Vape Club
What's new

Coil diameter

Innokin
It depends on the wick arrangement of the atomizer. For most RDAs I find a large diameter coil loosely wicked provides great flavourful vapour. On most RTAs however - without considering the width limitations of the build deck - there's a need to balance the coil diameter with the openings to the reservoir for the wick. Too large a diameter results in excess cotton choking the flow from tank to coil - dry hits on a mec or a 'thin' vape in TC. I use 3-3.5mm in RDAs and 2-2.5mm in RTAs. Others may get different mileage, but it works for me.

AcmeFog
Thanks its for a iJoy limitless plus

Haven't tried one of these yet, but seeing the huge build deck and large wick holes, it looks as though larger diameter coils would produce great results. Perhaps not so different from my Avocado 24, which vapes briliantly on a 3.5mm SS316 clapton. Enjoy!

I'm using 2.5mm on my limitless plus and it wicks perfectly [emoji4]

Elux
Vape Green
Too less the cotton gets heave and creates a gap and then dry hits toouch and the cotton doesn't get saturated again dry hits. Have u looked at the Scottish roll wick...

Limitlessvt200.jpg I use 3mm on the limitless. Run the cotton past the deck holes into the tank and fluff the tails. Wet the cotton then push the cotton back at the deck so there is a small space. When you fill the tank the space will apparently close up (so it wont leak), but there be enough of a gap to allow air to seep in.

That's for 3mm Stealthvape NiFe30 dual coil 13 wraps 0.2 ohm

Royal Flush Vape
Back
Top Bottom