What's new

Cuboid Replacement

andy3434

Postman
After lots of abuse as my daily/work mod the trusty cuboid is starting to play up so needs replacing, shinitus being what it is would like something different although the cuboid was a good mod. Looking for something like it, dual battery, TCR mode maybe a bit lighter. Have been looking at the new pioneer4you IPV 400 is built with a YIHi SX330-F4 chip but read a user review that said you cannot lock resistance so not sure how good TC could be.

Anyone used an IPV 400 or can recommend something like it? Needs to be cheapish.....would like a VT133 but cannot justify that much money for work abuse on building sites!!!

The Smok H-Priv seems to be quite popular. Never used it myself, but it's name keeps popping up on PoTV and always in a positive context.

I can't believe the IPV400 can't lock resistance, there would be more than one user review complaining about it if that was true.

H-Priv would be what you are after. It's popularity is in part because it's a good, light, solid mod, and also because the fire mechanism is really really cool.

I'm shopping for a new work mod too!
I work in a engineering workshop so my vaporflask lite gets knocked about and is about knackered now, although it has lasted well compared to other mods.
So I'm looking for something industrial that isn't a mech.
That VT133 looks good, can anyone vouch for it being durable? And not some kind fairys mod.

Similar to Cuboid and lighter and funkier shape and from same stable (Joyetech/Wismec etc) is the Wismec Presa 100.
Not a twin 18650 though, single 26650 or 18650 with a (very good) tube adapter. With 26650, so far just as good a battery life at 50W as the Cuboid.
Fast Tech less than thirty quid.
Performance? I agree with Daniel:

H-Priv does not appear to have TCR mode so no good, really don't like the fire button anyway! Presa looks interesting. Just seen the new RX2/3 out soon, looks interesting to.

Just found a proper review of the IPV 400 that tells you how to lock resistance so guess it was "user error" in other review! Out of stock now!! So at the moment its between IPV400 and RX2/3, which will be available first?!?!

I'm loving the iStick Pico - 75 watts, TC, variable TCR, usb upgrade and super compact. What's not to like?

Back
Top Bottom