What's new

e-Juice economy

Evening all, or morning, I'm not entirely sure at the minute,
In the last 5-ish weeks I've managed to get through just shy of £50 worth of e-Juice, which might not sound like a lot to some people but it did shock me, and totalled about 145ml of liquid, all 3mg nic.

So a few questions to you all:
How much a month do you spend on e-liquid and have you found any cheap juices you like?
Has anyone gone from retail to DIY juice making and how did it cost/does it save you?
Should I try higher nic strength which might stop me going through so much juice (i.e. not chain vaping or taking especially long draws)?

Thanks all

Since low and high nic juice tend to cost the same there is an obvious chance to save money by going for high nic juice.
You would probably have to change how you vape (higher resistance, lower watts, less airflow)
Why not give it a go, it is the only way to find out if it suits you.

I DIY and the sums I did a couple of years ago made my juice costs about £1/ week (my calculation is in this old thread - https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...juice-can-cost-you-less-than-£1-a-week.83380/ ) but the ingredients are cheaper now than they were then.

@scrumpox is the ape with the big spreadsheet that can answer most questions related to vaping costs.

Has anyone gone from retail to DIY juice making and how did it cost/does it save you?

It saves a lot. 145 mL will cost <£10 to DIY if you buy bulk ingredients. The main (and variable) expense is the concentrate; with strong, cheap concentrates you can DIY 100 mL for <£5

Dark star for Nicotine
Lubrisolve for PG VG
Hunt down the flavours you want.

Dependent on flavour/quantity I'm mixing I can generally knock together a litre of juice for £50-100.
I.e to mix a litre of Heisenberg I use 150ml of concentrate, at £10 per 30ml I'm at £50 on concentrate alone but the lads at work love it.

In the last 5-ish weeks I've managed to get through just shy of £50 worth of e-Juice, which might not sound like a lot to some people but it did shock me, and totalled about 145ml of liquid, all 3mg nic.

How much a month do you spend on e-liquid and have you found any cheap juices you like?
Should I try higher nic strength which might stop me going through so much juice (i.e. not chain vaping or taking especially long draws)?

Thanks all

Tbh I use 200ml of eliquid a month, costs me £40. If you was to higher your nicotine you will probably have to go back to higher ohm coils and tighter airflow.

Really tho £10 a week on eliquid is nothing compared to what you would have paid for the ciggies!

When I started vaping I was using e-pipes, which came with higher resistance coils, so I never went down the sub-ohm route and have stuck with MTL vaping. It's the flavour I'm after, not the clouds, so that has suited me very well, and vaping at higher resistances and lower wattages gets through a heck of a lot less juice! It also helps that the tobacco type juices I like so much (like Manabush) suit the lower temperatures.

I get through about 3-4ml a day, and have now started DIY in the hope of getting the costs down further. At the moment I'm still probably spending more as I'm trying out various combinations, but now that I have one or two recipes that I really like and would be happy to vape all day it should start to pay off.

Good choices above. I tend to vale mtl during the day using a nautilus and I keep the nic at the top end of my range I've found I go through a lot less liquid this way. Obviously if you are direct lung vaping don't go too high on the box as it will burn your throat and make you dizzy.
The one place we tend to recommend you try first is liquid. The juice is one pound for a ten ml bottle. Buy yourself a little collection of flavours and find what you like. When you have a better idea of flavour profiles check out mrdj' s posts he has the list of recommended suppliers.

Thanks all

145ml is that all :)

repeat after me "must try harder" "must try harder":bliss:

As said, i'll vape 150mls in a week depending on VG%. I vape DTL sub ohm, using an RDA mostly with a few honks on my tanks now and again.

DIY is fantastic! Saves you a packet, you can still treat yourself to some of your fave ready made juice now and again.

Back
Top Bottom