What's new

Semi new vaper

jeffersdn

Initiate
Hi, I have already posted on here for for advice which I received thankfully.
So I thought I had better introduce myself. I was a smoker for for about 26 years and finally decided that enough was enough. Went onto an Aspire K1 and haven't touched a fag for about a year now.
I started on 18mg and am now on 4mg, but the K1 is getting a bit old now and as I was pretty much trying to take it straight to lung anyway I thought I would get something better. I have ordered a Smok H-priv kit which comes with the micro TFV4, samsung 25r batterys and D4 charger. Tried a few flavoured juices, but couldn't get on with them so stuck with a general tobacco flavour 70pg/30vg. Not sure if paying out for some more expensive flavoured juices would be any better?
Anyway, that is pretty much where I am at and just waiting for my vape parcel to arrive now.

Hi, I have already posted on here for for advice which I received thankfully.
So I thought I had better introduce myself. I was a smoker for for about 26 years and finally decided that enough was enough. Went onto an Aspire K1 and haven't touched a fag for about a year now.
I started on 18mg and am now on 4mg, but the K1 is getting a bit old now and as I was pretty much trying to take it straight to lung anyway I thought I would get something better. I have ordered a Smok H-priv kit which comes with the micro TFV4, samsung 25r batterys and D4 charger. Tried a few flavoured juices, but couldn't get on with them so stuck with a general tobacco flavour 70pg/30vg. Not sure if paying out for some more expensive flavoured juices would be any better?
Anyway, that is pretty much where I am at and just waiting for my vape parcel to arrive now.

Hey Jeff.
Welcome to the Planet bud! Sterling choice on the Hardware. Hpriv is an excellent mod,(remember to upgrade the firmware on it), TFV4 micro is a thoroughly decent Sub Tank and your batteries and charger are excellent too.

Juice flavours it's all very personal. The only thing I can recommend is keep trying little bits of various vendors wares and find what you like. If you search e juice vendors on here it'll bring you to a handy little list by @MrDJ with a tonne of juice vendors there for you to peruse.
Tobacco isn't my flavour- I just made a conscious decision for it not to be when I kicked the cigarettes. But @manabush have an absoloutly fantastic range of tobacco based flavours. Well worth taking a look [emoji4]

Thanks. I didnt know anything about upgrading firmware, but I will look into what needs doing now.
Already seen MrDJs very extensive list and will no doubt be making a few juice purchases.
Going to get used to the new bit of kit first and work out what pg/vg mix to use before adventuring into different flavours.

Thanks. I didnt know anything about upgrading firmware, but I will look into what needs doing now.
Already seen MrDJs very extensive list and will no doubt be making a few juice purchases.
Going to get used to the new bit of kit first and work out what pg/vg mix to use before adventuring into different flavours.

The firmware upgrade is easy. If you go into the Smok website and download the tool it'll talk you through it. It takes 5 minutes from start to finish and makes the already decent Hpriv perform even better. Gets rid of firing delay and makes the ramp up profile much smoother.

VG/pg mix you're pretty good with most things in that tank. I still use mine for work and it's usually 70/30 or 80/20 that I put through it and it's fine. I don't like the 0.25 SS coils but the 0.3 claptons are very good.

It's a nice kit, really is. The Smok menu, if you haven't used it before, can be a little mind boggling at first but it's pretty effective [emoji6]

I have some 70pg/30vg, but that may be a bit thin for the smok, so I am going to get some 50/50 and work from there.
Coils is something I have no insight into, so another thing I will have to look at once it all arrives.

I have some 70pg/30vg, but that may be a bit thin for the smok, so I am going to get some 50/50 and work from there.
Coils is something I have no insight into, so another thing I will have to look at once it all arrives.

That's high PG. What is it? That would be a little thin for a Subtank.

50/50 would be fine- if anything a little thicker wouldn't go a miss- 60/40 or 70/30 would be best.

I'm fairly sure you'll get one of each coil with the kit. See which one you prefer and go from there. The spare coils for that tank come in packs of 5 and will cost you around £10 per pack.

That's high PG. What is it? That would be a little thin for a Subtank.

50/50 would be fine- if anything a little thicker wouldn't go a miss- 60/40 or 70/30 would be best.

I'm fairly sure you'll get one of each coil with the kit. See which one you prefer and go from there. The spare coils for that tank come in packs of 5 and will cost you around £10 per pack.
uploadfromtaptalk1469749220496.jpg

Back
Top Bottom