What's new

Steam Crave Ni200 build that works please!

paulbee

Achiever
Hello apes

Tried a couple of builds but cannot get anything to work as despite Steam Engine calculations over 0.1 they come up just under.

Has anyone had TC working on this mod or can they recommend a build I should try please, I have 24, 26 & 29 AWG.

Any help gratefully appreciated!

Cheers

Paul

I've not tried a nickel build for ages, but I've been using 28awg wire. You could try 10 wraps of 29awg with an ID of 3mm or 12 wraps with an ID of 2.5mm

I've not tried a nickel build for ages, but I've been using 28awg wire. You could try 10 wraps of 29awg with an ID of 3mm or 12 wraps with an ID of 2.5mm

Thank you, checked steam engine and 3mm 29awg dual coil would require 17 wraps, pretty pointless having TC really!

Hello apes

Tried a couple of builds but cannot get anything to work as despite Steam Engine calculations over 0.1 they come up just under.

Has anyone had TC working on this mod or can they recommend a build I should try please, I have 24, 26 & 29 AWG.

Any help gratefully appreciated!

Cheers

Paul
You need to remember that to get a realistic number of wraps for a Dual 0.1 build using NI200 you're going to need to use very fine wire, 32ga in fact which is 0.2mm. for a single coil you'll need 9 or 10 wraps of 29ga with an ID of 2.5mm. NI200 really isn't suitable for dual coil builds.
If you get some 0.3mm NiFe30 from @stealthvape then you'll be able to get a 0.13 ohm dual coil build using 9 wraps per side with an ID of 2.5mm, it's also easier to work with and at 390f theres virtually no offset in the temp setting, so start there and work up or down as required...

Thanks @Tubbyengineer I've got plenty of there NiFe 30, will that work with Ni200 TC do you know?
It's a Nickel (NI200) / Iron(Fe) alloy, if you use it in Nickel mode then at 390f the temperature curves actually cross over - that means that using NiFe30 in Nickel mode at 390f will give you a temp of 390f, you can then raise or lower the Temp from there as you require...

It's a Nickel (NI200) / Iron(Fe) alloy, if you use it in Nickel mode then at 390f the temperature curves actually cross over - that means that using NiFe30 in Nickel mode at 390f will give you a temp of 390f, you can then raise or lower the Temp from there as you require...

Thanks @Tubbyengineer shall give that a go, your help is very much appreciated

I also have some NiFe 48 @Tubbyengineer 0.32mm 28awg, do you think that might be better? I understand it's more stable/accurate for TC

Back
Top Bottom