What's new

Kayfun mini v3 (clone) spitting

Mobb

Postman
After sorting my previous leaking problem I now have another problem. Basically I am getting a lot of spitting. I get the old pop and spitting but even when theres no popping if I fire and look at the drip tip theres continuous little trails of spitting vapour. Tried different settings on the juice control but to no avail. Setup is 1.4 ish ohm micro coil with the coil just above the airhole in the middle of the deck and using a thin juice vg wise. Also still getting a very slight micro gurgle. I read that you have to have the coil just above the airhole, perhaps mine is too close? would that cause the gurgle and spitting?

cheers in advance

Mobb

sounds like your flooding the coil , how many full turns are you doing on the jfc ?

sounds like your flooding the coil , how many full turns are you doing on the jfc ?
From what I can understand spitting is from not enough cotton and too much liquid getting in. Now this is where I am confused. I am using a thin juice 70pg and yet I still have to do about 3-4 full turns too get air bubbles. So having do do that many turns suggests that I have too much cotton and yet its spitting at me etc. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

hmm 2 full turns is enough for mine to wick up to 70 vg ... I have 60vg 40 pg in my tank at the moment and I open the jfc 1 and a half turns and its wicking fine

Show us a picture of your build. I get less pops and spits if I slightly space the coil. I wonder if you're putting too much cotton into the wells. You want just enough that the ends make contact with the floor of the wells...

Like @paul-7 says. 2 full turns should be plenty. I've ran up to 80 vg liquids in mine with 2 full turns and never had any issues

I have said this before, so apologies to those that have seen this before.
With the Kayfun MiniV3 one of the most common causes of spit back is all down to Coil Height. Thankfully, having gone through the torture that was the Fogger V4, one quickly learns how the height of the coil above the airflow hole could be critical.

I treated my 1st KFV3 in the same way as I always did my KFL+'s and soon met Spit Back. Raising the Coil very slightly instantly cured all that with NO detrimental effects upon the flavour. So I would suggest that raising your coil could be your first port of call. It isn't by much, but my ideal coil placement is about 1.5mm above, or thereabouts.:)

I have said this before, so apologies to those that have seen this before.
With the Kayfun MiniV3 one of the most common causes of spit back is all down to Coil Height. Thankfully, having gone through the torture that was the Fogger V4, one quickly learns how the height of the coil above the airflow hole could be critical.

I treated my 1st KFV3 in the same way as I always did my KFL+'s and soon met Spit Back. Raising the Coil very slightly instantly cured all that with NO detrimental effects upon the flavour. So I would suggest that raising your coil could be your first port of call. It isn't by much, but my ideal coil placement is about 1.5mm above, or thereabouts.:)
I shall give that a try. Regarding the not getting bubbles I am obviously over wicking, so back to giving it another go.

Cheers all.

Back
Top Bottom