What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Gearbest dna75's under $70 (£55)

crustyfolker

Veteran
Damn, missed the Hcigar, I've been hovering over it for days.

Damn, missed the Hcigar, I've been hovering over it for days.
Maybe a good thing Ment could end up with an electric shock. I have a think vape box 75 and i am really pleased with it. i also got the thinkvape panzer dna200. There was 1 con for the box75 but easy to sort. The allen key screwws holding down the 510 where not screwed down fully which made resistance jump all over the place. It's pukka now i tightened them up a little. will do a review sometime this week

Maybe a good thing Ment could end up with an electric shock. I have a think vape box 75 and i am really pleased with it. i also got the thinkvape panzer dna200. There was 1 con for the box75 but easy to sort. The allen key screwws holding down the 510 where not screwed down fully which made resistance jump all over the place. It's pukka now i tightened them up a little. will do a review sometime this week

Nothing personal mate, you're just passing on info you've heard, but that electric shock stuff is the biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard. Just tighten the fucking screw, it's not difficult and it doesn't require a degree in modonomics to realise that's what you're supposed to do.

I have it in red and it's without doubt the best vaping item I've ever owned. I like the look of the Thinkvape and the DX75, but I'm planning on getting this in all 3 colours.

Nothing personal mate, you're just passing on info you've heard, but that electric shock stuff is the biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard. Just tighten the fucking screw, it's not difficult and it doesn't require a degree in modonomics to realise that's what you're supposed to do.

I have it in red and it's without doubt the best vaping item I've ever owned. I like the look of the Thinkvape and the DX75, but I'm planning on getting this in all 3 colours.
To be honest the thinkvape and hotcig are probably the same regarding the screw haven't really read up on the shock issue as i just presumed that it would be as you said the screw needs tightening. i have used the think vape without tightening the screw and no shock from it. I would have thought that all 3 i mentioned would have been the same so can't understand fully why the hcigar is the only one people have had a shock from. Regarding the dna75 board it can be a pain in the arse with preheat at 75w as you get half way through a battery and keep seeing the weak battery messageeven though the preheat is for about half a second. I changed preheat to 50w and it still gives as good a vape but without the weak battery flashing up. evolv are supposed to be doingg a patch for the issue though.

To be honest the thinkvape and hotcig are probably the same regarding the screw haven't really read up on the shock issue as i just presumed that it would be as you said the screw needs tightening. i have used the think vape without tightening the screw and no shock from it. I would have thought that all 3 i mentioned would have been the same so can't understand fully why the hcigar is the only one people have had a shock from. Regarding the dna75 board it can be a pain in the arse with preheat at 75w as you get half way through a battery and keep seeing the weak battery messageeven though the preheat is for about half a second. I changed preheat to 50w and it still gives as good a vape but without the weak battery flashing up. evolv are supposed to be doingg a patch for the issue though.

Is preheat something to do with TC? There does seem to be some sort of battery issue, which is the only drawback to this mod.

Yes Ment the preheat is set by evolv to 75w which it uses to get to the temp you set then drops off to maintain the temp. Try using escribe and alter preheat to 50w and upload settings to device. If you want you can always alter it up or down a bit. Once the battery is about half way down then the weak battery warning starts as the battery is starting to get to what evolv have set it to. It is not an issue for the battery just a sort of error that evolv made. I read this or similar on evolv forum which is where i saw that evolv said they would remedy this with a firmware upgrade.
I use a 26650 purple efest and still get the weak battery message the battery however lasts a day or more which i like a lot better than the shorter runtime of an 18650.
Back to the shock issue i am not sure but this may have been the issue i mentioned a while back but wasn't sure what the issue was. i did think this issue was why Hcigar recalled the 1st batch, maybe they never recalled them. Who knows

Back
Top Bottom