What's new

Sigelei Moonshot wicking by pictures

@TheTartanSpartan
Thanks i will give it a try tomorrow. Bare in mind i am a newbie and do have difficulty with wicking. I only got the Moonshot to match my L3. Anyway thanks again i will let you know how i get on.
Tony

No worries, it's trial and error bud - you'll soon have it nailed
If you need a hand just ask away

Dave

Have read so many posts about these being hard to wick and coil. Possibly beginners luck, but I have had little issues with doing mine. I'm on my third coil build, now using Tiger wire and again, no issues with leaks. Running .22 at 65 watts and it keeps up so well, no spitting or dry hits.

I haven't quite decided if 2.5mm or 3mm is the better size; 2mm was definitely too small in my opinion as it's too limited on how much cotton you can put in there without choking it.

I found a YouTube tutorial (one of many I watched on building the Moonshot) and saw the way this guy used the cotton pads. I don't juice mine before putting back together because I think it's messy, but I did learn a new way of rolling my cotton and have to say it is excellent in my opinion.

Loving this tank!

Hi there,
New User here. Bought this a couple of days ago because a couple of reviews said it didn't leak. I had a UD Zephyrus before which I could never get right, so I thought this might be the answer.
The flavour is great, after I've filled it up and mopped up all the wasted juice!
I must've tried re-wicking this a dozen times over the last 2 days, thought by the law of averages I'd get it right once.
The tutorial looks good and I think I followed it pretty well, but still it goes everywhere.
My questions:-
How much juice are you supposed to put in the tank? I put in half a squirt and it seems to soak down into the cotton without leaking (with the air hole closed). I let it alone for a couple of minutes and if it hasn't leaked I add some more to the tank so it gets closer to the wider area at the top. Usually now it starts coming out from behind the closed air hole. That's it - every time.
I thought before I didn't have enough cotton in there, but I think I've fixed that. Was wondering if the cotton is too tight through the coils and the ends are sucking up the juice into the chamber but it gets stuck at the coil. But when I smoke it, I don't get 'dry hits'. Just seems to drain right through as I fill it up.

Totally confused. Perhaps I should take a photo of my latest attempt?

Hi there,
New User here. Bought this a couple of days ago because a couple of reviews said it didn't leak. I had a UD Zephyrus before which I could never get right, so I thought this might be the answer.
The flavour is great, after I've filled it up and mopped up all the wasted juice!
I must've tried re-wicking this a dozen times over the last 2 days, thought by the law of averages I'd get it right once.
The tutorial looks good and I think I followed it pretty well, but still it goes everywhere.
My questions:-
How much juice are you supposed to put in the tank? I put in half a squirt and it seems to soak down into the cotton without leaking (with the air hole closed). I let it alone for a couple of minutes and if it hasn't leaked I add some more to the tank so it gets closer to the wider area at the top. Usually now it starts coming out from behind the closed air hole. That's it - every time.
I thought before I didn't have enough cotton in there, but I think I've fixed that. Was wondering if the cotton is too tight through the coils and the ends are sucking up the juice into the chamber but it gets stuck at the coil. But when I smoke it, I don't get 'dry hits'. Just seems to drain right through as I fill it up.

Totally confused. Perhaps I should take a photo of my latest attempt?

Yes maybe post a few photos see if we can help

Good piece of kit, pain in the back side to get up and running though. I'm sure this guide will help people. +1

Ok, these are pics of how I had it, leaking.

IMG_1018.JPG
IMG_1019.JPG
IMG_1020.JPG
IMG_1023.JPG
IMG_1025.JPG

Back
Top Bottom